This position is responsible for moving Raw & Pack Material and Finished Goods within the Facility as well as too and from the PSA Locations and the Palletizers.
In alignment with Act 593(B), this position is considered safety sensitive as this employee operates a PIV.
- Employee is responsible for pre shift forklift inspection Tasks include: inspecting forklift, filling out inspection sheets, changing forklift battery as needed.
- Employee is responsible for putting away Raw & Pack Materials and creating locations for this material as needed. Tasks include scanning each pallet into the SAP system for traceability.
- Employee is responsible for putting away Finished Good Materials and creating locations for this material as needed. Tasks include scanning each pallet into the SAP system for traceability.
- Employee is responsible for maintaining CHEP pallet and Slip Sheet / Top Sheet inventory at the Palletizers. Tasks include CHEP pallet inspection, which should be in good overall condition.
- Employee is responsible for maintaining a clean work area.
% OF TIME
More than routine care is needed to prevent loss of product or damage to equipment. Worker must be alert and feel a definite responsibility or loss could cost more than $1000 and/or more than 5% efficiency loss. There is a greater risk of loss of material and/or equipment in this role due to reckless driving.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Requires the ability to speak, read, and write English and understand simple written instructions as employee must have lift truck license. Must be able to write simple symbols, code numbers and names. This job requires a High School Diploma or GED Certificate. Must be able to fill out Lift Truck Operator Inspection record sheet and necessary SAP paperwork as well as add and subtract weights of ingredients on a pallet to ensure correct return. Operator will be required to document that he/she is qualified to perform the functions of a Lift Truck Operator.
Employee must support and comply with all Nestlé programs and policies, including, affirmative action goals and commitments, SHE (Safety, Health & Environment) strategies, corporate citizenship initiatives, NCE (Nestle Continuous Excellence), TPM (Total Performance Management), GMP#39;s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and Safety Policies to ensure employee safety and product quality. Employee must meet all requirements related to NQMS (Nestle Quality Management System) and ISO (International Organization for Standardization) standards for Quality, Food Safety, Environmental Compliance and Occupational Health and Safety.
Required: Minimum 6 months relevant work experience
Preferred: 3 years#39; experience in food manufacturing or other manufacturing setting
Such as listed above per education level of reading, writing, simple math and use of computer.