Corbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
We are currently looking for a Legal Counsel EMEA and Asia Pacific (to be based in Gorinchem, the Netherlands) to join our team.
As our Legal councel you will work on a broad variety of legal matters in an innovative, sustainable and international organization.
Corbion#39;s Legal and Compliance Department operates as one team and globally supports all business units and business functions of Corbion regarding all types of legal and compliance matters, such as commercial contracting, claims and litigations, and M&A related matters. You will work closely with, and report to the General Counsel EMEA & Asia Pacific (based in Gorinchem) and together with the management in Europe and Asia Pacific in areas of business and compliance.
Corbion#39;s Legal and Compliance Department currently consists of 7 professionals, located in the Netherlands (3 in Amsterdam & 1 in Gorinchem), USA (2 in Kansas) and Brazil (1 in Sao Paulo).
About the job
The Legal Counsel provides commercially balanced legal advice and assistance to the business to support the strategic goals, whilst ensuring compliance with relevant international & national laws and Corbion internal policies. You will act as a business partner will be actively involved in an early stage. More specifically, the Legal Counsel will perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Negotiates and drafts documentation for commercial transactions (both on the sales and procurement side), as well as joint development agreements, contract research agreements and license agreements.
- Works closely together with the other members of the legal team and with the members of the Intellectual Property Department regularly in sharing practices and drafting IP related agreements.
- Provides sound legal advice to implement business goals pragmatically.
- Anticipates and delivers proactive support and advice to the business as a business partner in an early stage
- Supports in B2B dispute resolution by participating in negotiations.
- Provides training to the business to enhance legal awareness.
- We are looking for a candidate who meets the following criteria:
Qualifications and experience
- Master#39;s degree in Law ( LLM )preferably from a Dutch university.
- At least 5 years of experience in legal practice.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in a law firm is required.
- Prior in-house experience in an international company is required; experience in a similar industry is preferred.
- Experience in general contract law and competition law is required.
- Experience with ICT contracts is preferred.
- Experience in managing external lawyers and law firms.
- Experience with international business relationships.
Skills, knowledge and competencies
- Proactive business partner with a focus on the customer.
- Ability to establish credibility and build strong relationships at all levels.
- Team player and self-starter.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
- Ability to balance legal risks and commercial consequences.
- Apply high standards of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, confidentially and professionally with all levels in the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and preferably in Dutch.
- Flexibility to travel internationally.
- At least 32 hours availability is required.
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits. What makes Corbion special is the way we consciously create that connection between the product of our work and our individual lives and use it to shape our choices and our priorities as a company. We have a great company made up of talented, dedicated people - people who share a purpose and a vision. When we all understand how we intend to get there in the same way, there#39;s no telling how far we can go. We offer you the chance to join a company with a:
- Culture to empower people and where your initiatives and ideas make a real difference
- International focus with truly diverse teams
- Unique possibility to be trained by our internal expertise in the world of biobased products.
- Flexibility to work from home
- Lastly, we offer a friendly, informal culture in a demanding professional environment
In addition, we actively embrace diversity in how we work together and contribute toward our shared objectives and values. By joining Corbion, you will become an employee in a company where you can feel pride in your achievements and develop your career with global prospects.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. We use our unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. In 2019, Corbion generated annual sales of 976.4 million and had a workforce of 2.138 FTE. Corbion is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. For more information: www.corbion.com