Danone North America is the largest Benefit Corporation in the world. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone North America is looking for a Learning & Development Specialist - MTC in Mount Crawford, VA.
The Learning & Development Specialist will lead the design, development, and delivery of courses, as well as the management of training metrics and resources in support of the company#39;s overall business objectives. All learning strategies must be aligned to drive growth and innovation, strengthen organizational performance and resilience, and continually develop critical skills, knowledge and capabilities. This position will partner with multiple cross functional teams to maintain focus on the needs of the business.
- Manages the design, development and roll-out of learning content including delivery of selected courses
- Identifies gaps between ideal and actual performance required to meet organizational business needs and determines performance deficiencies; aligns learning solutions with business goals
- Measures and analyzes effectiveness of learning and performance improvement solutions and identifies opportunities for continuous improvement with an emphasis on performance metrics including behavioral change and business results
- Evolves a learning culture in various levels and functions within Danone as well as embedding a development mindset
- Acts as a partner with business leaders to provide L&D support to achieve the business objectives
- Performs general program support in a proactive manner to ensure successful learning events, including acting as a point of contact for programs and answering logistical and content related questions
- Translates strategies into objectives and metrics within training materials that provide skills and knowledge application
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with Subject Matter Experts
- Develops effective assessments and reviews
- Effectively utilizes ability to link subject to application and builds links within program as well as pre and post work
- Provides overviews on materials to facilitators/trainers; assists trainers in learning exercises and materials
- Supervision of the Learning Management System (LMS) and related learning technology platforms
- Manage external vendors who supply e-learning content and delivery expertise to support WhiteWave curriculum.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor#39;s degree in Instructional Design, Organizational Development or related discipline
- Advanced degree a plus
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of learning and development experience in a corporate/manufacturing/technological environment
- Experience with Cornerstone LMS or LMS implementation preferred
- Experience working with virtual learning platforms and building digital/virtual learning programs a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of learning principles, tools, technology and practices
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media
- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent multi-tasking, organization, and time-management skills
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Sound business acumen with corresponding analytical and judgment skills
- Strong customer focus with ability to foster effective cross-functional partnerships
- The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events)
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, communication, and influencing skills
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch.
Occasionally required to lift and / or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme cold, noise, vibration, hazards, atmospheric conditions, oils, and wearing a respirator.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com .
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: Harrisonburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Job Segment: Supply, Strategic Planning, Quality Assurance, QA, Learning, Operations, Strategy, Quality, Technology, Human Resources