This position is responsible for maintenance employees and performs maintenance duties for the facility including general repairs, preventative maintenance, and capital projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead employees in the maintenance department by providing direction and training. Assure that GMPs for maintenance employees are strictly followed and continually demonstrate these by personally adhering to them. Provide performance feedback to the Maintenance Manager as requested and appropriate.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager with the coordination of work schedules with operations personnel to ensure minimum down time.
- Maintain the shop inventory program. This includes shop supplies, motors, gearboxes, bearings. electrical inventory, and welding supplies.
- Ensure that maintenance department employees always follow safe work practices. always Set an example by following all safety procedures and by using personal protective equipment and food safety equipment such as gloves, hair covers, aprons, sleeves, etc. at all appropriate times. Actively participate in weekly tailgate and refresher training on safety topics for all existing employees. Participate in Safety Committee meetings as assigned.
- Perform the following maintenance duties:
- Maintain Wastewater Treatment System equipment safely and effectively.
- Provide hands-on assistance with maintenance and repair activities as needed.
- Observe mechanical devices in operation and listen to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjust and calibrate functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repair or replace defective parts.
- Lubricate and clean parts.
- Perform welding repairs if qualified and as necessary.
- Repair electrical equipment if qualified.
- Operate forklift trucks.
- Calibrate electronics and change parameters on electronic equipment such as date coders and metal detectors.
- Works with management to ensure effective organizational design and that roles are correctly organized, defined, documented and communicated to all employees.
- Ensures effective safety procedures, tools and record keeping are managed through site leadership.
- Adheres to company GMPs (good manufacturing practices), safety procedures and all other quality processes.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
- Electrical duties as assigned.
- Welding/Fabricating duties as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Must have high level mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills and experience, including industrial electrical repair and maintenance skills and experience. Fabrication and welding of stainless steel. Equipment design and fabrication.
Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices is beneficial. Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change. Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial. Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and MS PowerPoint software, and be proficient with MS Excel software
- Travel is required to various SunOpta locations and for meetings or other job related functions.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Approximately; 5% of work is performed in an office environment. 95% of work may involve being in the agricultural or manufacturing environment.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- The Employer is an Equal Opportunity mloer he Employer oes not discriminate in employment and o question on this application is sd for h purpose of limiting or xcusing any plicn consideration for employment on a ais prohibited by oa, tte or federal a.
An Equal Opportunity Employer