Under general supervision of the Executive Director, the primary responsibilities of the Lead Auditor is to conduct GFSI benchmarked scheme third party food safety audits such as SQF, BRC or PrimusGFS or equivalent, and also HACCP verification audits at food manufacturing and distribution facilities and other related sites within the food supply chain.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct third party HACCP, BRC, or SQF or PrimusGFS or other scope supplier or food facility audits in a variety of food processing and related environments.
• Maintain confidentiality and impartiality of work and adhere to all procedures established by Safe Food Certifications, LLC (CB) to be compliant with ISO 17065 and GFSI Scheme requirements and its certificated sites.
• Ensure timeliness, consistency, and accuracy for conducting audits and writing audit reports.
• Follow and adhere to all required protocols and procedures of the certification body, scheme standards, and accreditation body.
• Must maintain professionalism at all times: integrity, honesty, impartiality, and reporting any potential conflicts of interest.
• Maintain applicable professional development and training required for audit proficiency.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Food Engineering, or related field.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a quality assurance role or food safety and regulatory compliance within a food manufacturing facility and broad knowledge/experience of various food-beverage processing operations.
• Strong knowledge in GMPs, food safety practices and management systems, HACCP, QMS, SQF, BRC, or other GFSI Benchmarked schemes, and current regulatory requirements is required.
• Direct experience performing third party audits (GMP, HACCP, and GFSI benchmarked schemes). Must have an ongoing audit history log demonstrating industry experience and audit hours required for renewal of auditor credentials and maintaining credentials.
• Registered ASQ HACCP, BRC, SQF or PrimusGFS Auditor (with all required training requirement such as a recognized five day Lead Auditor (Third Party) Training course, Completed a recognized (two day minimum) HACCP training course with examination, GFSI scheme related QMS training ,etc.).
• Must have current auditor credentials for either BRC, or SQF or Primus GFS or equivalent; or a combination of credentials highly preferred.
• Must successfully complete a period of supervised training (witness audits) by Safe Food Certification as an onboarding and to be compliant with GFSI benchmarked scheme requirements.
• A minimum of 60-80% travel, including overnight stay may be required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, soft auditing skills, and communication (written and verbal) skills and attention to detail.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to adapt and be flexible within a changing work environment.
• Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and GFSI benchmarked scheme system database, if any.