Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We#39;re proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
The Lead Facility Service Manager must fulfil all FSM duties for their site of responsibility and provide oversight and leadership for all sites in their district. The position will lead the Facility Services initiatives & drive improvement by providing mentorship and support to FSM#39;s within the District. The individual must ensure safe, effective, functional facilities while coaching adherence to Americold standards and policies. Reference Facility Service Manager job description for individual site responsibilities.
- Works closely with the Facility Service Managers within the district to identify maintenance requirements necessary to ensure efficient and reliable equipment operation.
- Driving improvement in key metrics such as: PM completion rate, scheduled work percentage, equipment down time, energy, budget adherence, PSM compliance and document work percentage.
- Operates as the district area champion for AOS maturity in Refrigeration, Energy, and Maintenance Excellence initiatives.
- Providing guidance for annual maintenance budgets and five year capital planning.
- Utilizes SAP data to develop maintenance strategies, evaluate site performance, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Leads district team members in improvement initiatives to include: PM Optimization, Energy Waste Walks, Root Cause Analysis, 6S and Continuous Improvement projects.
- Assist FSM#39;s with the development and execution of projects by reviewing new project plans; discussing equipment needs and modifications with all stake holders; coordinating activities of technicians and contractors.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations for maintenance resources relative to site demands such as: site headcount, scheduling hours, technician skill level, training needs, and maintenance related tools.
- Works with Facility Service Managers and Facility Services Analyst to ensure site compliance with all OSHA regulations, PSM requirements and Americold policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with mechanical, electrical, fire and all other municipal and state codes.
- Assist in energy conservation initiatives across the district to drive down cost.
- Act as the district SME providing support and direction on the operation and maintenance of ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Onboarding, training and mentorship of FSM#39;s and technicians within the district.
- Able to work in multi-functional team environment. Strong analytical skills. Prioritize time between site and district objectives.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 7 years of experience in maintenance with at least 2 years#39; experience scheduling and supervising the work of others.
- Prior experience in running a refrigerated warehouse system, material handling, repair, and building maintenance preferred.
- RETA CARO or CIRO preferred or equivalent experience
- Familiar with Reliability Centered Maintenance process.
- Proficient in CMMS; SAP modules for plant maintenance preferred.
- Requires the use of various electronic tools; multi-meter, air/gas monitors, infrared, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communications skills (written/verbal), with emphasis on demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts between business and technical groups.
- Proficient with process safety management. APSM experience preferred.
- Proficient computer skills including experience in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must be able to travel as needed to support the district
- Must possess the ability to lead and motivate others to achieve planned results
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
- Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
- Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
- Requires visiting facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
- Frequently carries loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
- Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
- Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
- Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.