Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 13 bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Location & Shift
- Northlake, IL USA (3rd Shift)
Purpose: To ensure that job duties that affect the safety, legality and quality standards are addressed.
Budget Scope: Applies basic skills to ensure that product to meet company specifications. Training program will include how training will occur and the exit criteria will verify skill requirements which could include results of the exit criteria to prove comprehension. This could be in the form of written, verbal and/or demonstration for compliance.
General Description: Operates various types of commercial food processing equipment, keeps records of production through put and material usage on a daily basis within his/her production line. Assists in training of new personnel as well as filling in for absent employees. Ensure job duties that affect safety, legality and quality standards are executed. Reporting directly to Foreperson.
- Responsible for operation of equipment/Mfg line, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products per production guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with Production/Packaging procedure/practices as well as inspecting all areas within the Mfg line/equipment for any operational and/or mechanical issues as well as taking corrective action and notifying supervision and/or management.
- Assists supervision in standardizing procedures/practices to improve line efficiency and/or product quality.
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices
- Expected to work in other areas as needed
- Work safely, follow proper Lock-out/Tag-out procedure where applicable
- Be proactive in preparing for all daily runs
- Review production orders, sequence and amount
- Print and/or Fill out; all documents such as specification, weight sheets, downtime, scrap log
- Order materials as needed
- Ensure systems are on such as coolers, freezers, air system, wrappers and glue hot melt
- Ensure line is staffed
- Pick up any temporary employee if ordered and inform temp employees on GMPS & Safety
- Ensure that all employees sign-in on staff sheet
- Ensure proper racking and unracking procedure
- Maintain line speed/standards
- Ensure proper label and code dates are on box
- If allergens are packed, follow proper allergen procedure, tag line/equipment that needs cleaning.
- Return all materials to warehouse clean, covered and wrapped
- Audit line once a week and fill out safety report
- Maintain area clean and organized.
- Return all unopened materials to warehouse clean.
- This position is also responsible for food safety and legality.
- Support quality control programs to ensure production procedures are in compliance with best practices food safety and quality standards.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Education/Experience Requirements: HS Diploma or GED, and (3) three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands, handle or feel objects. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift/Carry up to 50lbs. with or without assistance
- Navigate up and down stairs
- Flexing/Extending/Turning the neck
- Wearing toe-protective footwear
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must comply with all personnel safety policies and procedures at all time
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for task at hand (i.e. ear plugs, bump cap, safety glasses)
- Ability to work in a hot, cold, wet, frozen, dusty and loud environment
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- Required to maintain a clean and organized work area
- Keep all equipment in sanitary condition
- Follows all work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to work different shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required
Aspire Bakeries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.