People aspire to go to work each day with the hope of fulfilling their career with accomplishments and the feeling that they are making a difference in the world. At Homefree, we make a difference every day by providing safe, delicious, and high quality treats that everyone can enjoy together, including people with food allergies and other special dietary needs. Homefree is a small, rapidly growing family business with big company accomplishments. We take great pride in our multiple-award-winning products, our leadership in the industry with regard to allergen safety, our B Corps and SQF Level 3 certifications in both Food Safety and Quality, and our positive employee environment where everyone’s contribution is valued. Now scaling up, we seek a production leader who is excited by the opportunity to make a difference here, by bringing experience, expertise, and enthusiasm to support Homefree’s growth.
An individual who balances hands-on dough-making with delivering leadership and excellence in manufacturing processes by developing and leading strategies which will drive improvements in productivity, while furthering Company goals.
- Observe and maintain company#39;s allergen, sanitation, and Safe Quality Food standards.
- Follow pre-operational procedures.
- Make dough, following precise formula guidelines. This includes adherence to proper weights in kilograms for dough preparation and mixing.
- Wash clean and sanitize in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Develop product and ingredient knowledge.
- Learn different positions in the kitchen.
- Assist in product development.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position:
- Scooping and sifting ingredients involves repetitive grasping and hand/held arm motions while standing/walking the majority of the shift.
- Lifting up to 50 lb. bags (occasionally)
- Sieve of ingredients (occasionally)
- Assist in maintaining a smooth flow of production processes during plant start up, shift changes, and shut down.
- Assist with daily operations on the production floor including training staff and making sure that all operations and documentations are in full compliance to all SOP’s, GMP’s, and SQF policies and procedures.
- Assist with executing and driving daily production plan to ensure accurate and timely completion of production in line with delivery/pick up schedules.
- Analyze, recommend, and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Develop and implement programs to reduce shrink and improve efficiency and productivity, and initiate problem-solving activities to improve quality performance.
- Collaborate with team for clear communications, mutual support, problem solving, idea generation, and planning.
- Bring and develop food equipment knowledge.
- Possibly manage inventory and order ingredients.
- Assist with training and supervising production personnel, to include performance management and counseling. Supervise in such a way as to promote and maintain a high level of trust and integrity.
- Monitor and participate in employee-related issues to promote positive employee relations.
- Maintain a work environment conducive to high morale and engagement.
We look forward to hearing from you.