- Responsible for testing incoming raw materials, in-process material and finished products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform testes on raw materials, in-process materials and finished product specifies in specification.
- Perform required testing using brix refractometer, pH meter, water activity meter, thermometer, texture analyzer, digital caliper and microscope.
- Perform stability and shelf-life studies on finished product samples.
- Carry out verification and calibration on all laboratory equipment being used as per predetermined frequencies.
- Perform conductivity, chlorin and temperature verification tests on potable water on the plant floor.
- Perform moisture analysis on starch (processing aid) and raw materials.
- Perform in-process sample testing to support uninterrupted production.
- Maintain retain sample library for raw material, in-process samples and finished product.
- Complete laboratory records and logbooks real time for lab supervisor to verify.
- Participate in proficiency testing program to ensure results reliability.
- Understand the significance of tests performed and act based on analysis and test results.
- Report food safety and quality issues to Plant management and SQFP.
- Follow PIM Brands GMP Rules.
- Monitor fellow employees for adherence to GMPs.
- Complies with GMP and HACCP guidelines to ensure food safety
- Operates within given SOP parameters that ensure desired food quality results.
- Compare and analyze data collected to create reports and charts.
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of the Laboratory
- Act as a backup for Microbiology.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and crouching. Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to operate fine testing equipment Lifting and moving of objects weighing at least 30 lbs. Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and considered to enable an individual to perform the essential job functions.
Laboratory setting is a well-lighted, temperature-controlled environment. When on the plant floor it is representative of a large, busy manufacturing operation. Noisy, active, objects on the floor, constant movement and traffic flow of motorized equipment. Hair net, beard net, assigned work uniform, protective eye wear and gloves are among the GMP required apparel that must be worn, if indicated, on the plant floor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Secondary degree in science related degree preferred
- Prior experience in a laboratory environment desired
- Basic math and computer skills is essential
- Microsoft Office knowledge is essential
- Prior experience in microbiology, pipetting, HPLC are preferred.
- Willing to be trained
- Ability to read, speak, and write English is essential, fluent in Spanish and/or English are preferred