Quality Assurance Supervisor
Alternate Lab Techs
Skills & Abilities:
· Possess excellent prioritizing skills.
· Must be detail oriented.
· Must be able to work 12 hour shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
· Requires ability to read, hear, speak, and comprehend and carry out verbal and written instructions & Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
· General knowledge of dairy processing is helpful.
· Science/lab background would be helpful.
· Knowledge of food manufacturing practices.
· High School Diploma or Educational Equivalent.
· Requires ability to walk and stand for 12 or more hours at a time.
· Requires ability to safely operate equipment.
· Requires ability to work safely within the laboratory environment.
· Requires ability to visually observe the condition of surroundings.
· Requires ability to stoop, bend, reach, lift and carry items up to 55lbs often.
· Requires ability to push and pull items frequently up to 55lbs.
· Requires ability to climb ladders and stairs of various heights including floors of 100ft or more.
· Requires ability to hear and speak and frequently hear and speak in very noisy environments.
· Requires ability to work in varying extreme hot, cold, and wet temperatures and conditions.
· Requires ability to work in confined spaces occasionally.
· Requires ability to work safely with hazardous chemicals.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: None
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform numerous tests on raw materials,in process, and final products to include: total solids, fat, titrateable solids, pH, emulsion, Quality analysis, and protein testing.
· Perform antibiotic, and aflatoxin testing.
· Required to participate in and pass proficiency exams; interact with coworkers, drivers, operators, management, etc. in a respectful manner.
· Maintain a clean and sanitary work area at all times.
· Adhere to all SOP#39;s and HACCP guidelines.
· Adhere to all UDA quality policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity
· Adhere to all UDA safety policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity
· Adhere to all UDA GMP policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity
· Other duties as required.
This Job Description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the role described as other responsibilities may be assigned in order to meet the needs of the Company. Employees are expected to pitch in wherever they are needed, learn new skills as required, and do whatever it takes to serve both internal and external Clients.Reasonable accommodations that do not impose undue burden on the Company may be determined for qualified disabled persons who can thereby successfully perform the essential function duties and responsibilities.
*** United Dairymen of Arizona is a Drug Free Workplace***
United Dairymen of Arizona is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
GED or Equivalent
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.