Danone Canada is the country#39;s largest consumer-facing B Corporation. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone Canada is looking for aLaboratory manager - Danone Canada in Boucherville.
Danone Canada is looking to fill in a laboratory manager at its Boucherville plant.
As part of this position, you will be accountable for:
Your main mission will be to manage a team of twelves (12) workers in the laboratory department. You will be the person who will engage and mobilize its teams on the vision and objectives SQCDMN (safety, quality, cost, time, mobilization, Nature) of the cell in developing professionalism and excellence in execution. To do this, you need to define and control the annual action plan of the cell in connection with the master plan of the quality Department, the factory and more widely Danone Canada.
- Animate the laboratory technician team.
- Develop the skills and independence of laboratory technicians.
- Facilitate the management of change within his team and with other departments.
- Build and implement developments of relevant organizations within his team to accompany the vision factory and his Department.
- Ensure and be the guarantor of respect for control plans, monitoring plans, analytical methods and good laboratory practices.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory and internal requirements applied by teams of laboratory control and monitoring plans.
- Help looking for causes and corrective, in partnership with other members of the quality team and industrial action.
- Facilitate the process of improving the performance of the lab in connection with the related steps from the factory and standards applicable to the laboratory. (FSCC22000, AP Index, ISPs, WISE,...)
- Ensure continuous improvement of the laboratory through the Daily Management System and improvement groups initiated based on the issues of performance identified in the plan of the cell.
- Fly from action plans of compliance and performance audits.
- Contribute to the deployment of a way of thinking quality with operational teams through the provision of assessment tool & grids of quotations, the development of coaching by technicians and the formatting of relevant indicators.
- Control the budget of the laboratory (labor and fixed costs)
- Build the budget taking into account the target factory in a mindset of continuous reduction of costs and optimisation of organizations
- Manage contracts to external laboratories and suppliers of services and optimize the costs and quality of service.
- Drive cross-cutting approaches to quality improvement, in support of the quality Manager
- Development of the quality of the site and connected to the industrial departments.
- Consolidate the processes of design and execution, in an effort to right the first time.
- Consolidate the indicators of performance quality of the plant and the action plans to achieve the Ideal Boucherville ambition.
- The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor in science and food technology, chemistry, food engineering or in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the food industry.
- Professional experience in the dairy industry (an asset)
- Bilingualism is required (French and English).
- Be a mobilizer Manager, an agent of change knowing advance employees and the organization.
- Have superior skills, communication, mobilization and influence. Show speed in the identification, analysis and resolution of complex problems.
- Have to adjust your working hours based on emergencies and priorities, to be able to support the organisation in its operation 24/24, 7/7.
Danone Canada is a business unit of Danone and operates from headquarter offices in Boucherville, Quebec, and Mississauga, Ontario. Danone Canada is the country#39;s largest consumer-facing B Corporation, demonstrating that the company meets the highest standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Danone Canada#39;s ambition is to produce healthful dairy, plant-based products and coffee creamers and beverages; create economic and social value; and nurture natural ecosystems through sustainable agriculture. Its portfolio of brands includes Activia, Oikos, DanActive, Danone, Silk plant-based foods and beverages, So Delicious Dairy Free and more.
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Manager, Compliance, Engineering, Legal, Management