Laboratory Assistant - Microbiology (Contract)
Mrieux NutriSciences is a solutionproviderdedicated to preventing health risks related to food and to the use of everyday products. Offering a wide range of testing and consulting services, our teams are committed to providing our clients with accurate results, delivered on time, with uncompromising ethics, honesty and personal integrity.
Our motto: "More than a successful business, we are building a healthier world" .
Do you want to be a part of it?
YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE
We are looking for a Laboratory Assistant - Microbiology (Contract) in our Burnaby lab. Your missions will be to:
Provide basic assistance to the microbiology department. This position reports directly to the supervisor of the department in which they are working.
** Shift schedule is Monday- Friday (1:00 pm -9:30 pm)**
- Preparation of media, chemicals and reagents.
- Preparation, homogenization, weighing and simple pipetting of samples.
- Collect, wash and dry glassware and other containers used throughout the lab and return to the designated locations in the lab. Conduct residue test on glassware as needed.
- Ensure department is stocked with necessary supplies.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the lab and surrounding areas.
- Assist the maintenance and janitorial personnel with other cleaning requirements as requested.
- Update logbooks and maintenance records.
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process. Perform necessary tasks related to quality control parameters for the function being performed.
- This position has the responsibilities and authority to identify departures from the quality system or test procedures and document such observations in accordance with the prescribed non-conforming system and notifies the supervisor.
- Adhere to all safety policies.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- This position requires the ability to follow specific instructions.
- A general understanding of the needs of the laboratory is required to avoid delays in sample testing or inaccurate results.
- A diploma in chemistry, microbiology or food science is preferred but previous experience will be accepted.
- Excellent verbal communication skills are required to interact with peers and management.
You will join a company with an inspiring mission. With us, you could learn and develop yourself in a collaborative, empowering, dynamic and challenging environment. Entrepreneurship and improving public health are part of our DNA.
Join us and contribute to a meaningful Project!
To apply please click on #39;Apply now#39; button