Mrieux NutriSciences is a solutionproviderdedicated to preventing health risks related to food and to the use of everyday products. Offering a wide range of testing and consulting services, our teams are committed to providing our clients with accurate results, delivered on time, with uncompromising ethics, honesty and personal integrity.
Our motto: "More than a successful business, we are building a healthier world" .
Do you want to be a part of it?
YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE
We are looking for a Laboratory Assistant in 8020 West Doe Ave, Visalia, CA 93291 USA. Your mission will be to:
- Maintain clean laboratory by discarding waste and cleaning and sanitizing countertops, walls, floors, shelves, equipment, sinks, water baths etc using cleaning solvents.
- Maintain clean laboratory by properly storing chemicals, reagents and supplies. Maintain adequate stock of these materials.
- Prepare and use cleaning solutions according to specifications.
- Perform quality control checks such as temperature checks, balance verification or detergent residue testing as required by department leadership.
- Assist other laboratory personnel performing testing procedures as instructed by department leadership.
- Maintain equipment, supplies and instrumentation in working order to perform necessary preventative maintenance for operating departments.
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process.
- Ensure a safe working environment for laboratory.
- Participate in audits.
- Maintain inventory, rotate supply, discard expired dry, refrigerated and frozen materials and retain as directed by department leadership.
- Completes assigned tasks under supervision of department leadership, while working with team to accomplish department goals.
- Perform opening and closing duties as assigned department leadership.
- Assist with preparation of media or water for use in the laboratory as directed by department leadership.
- Safely and properly operate autoclaves for decontamination of containers, glassware and hazardous waste as directed by department leadership.
- Clean containers and glasswares used in media preparation or sample analysis after decontamination and return to laboratory for use.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- This position requires the ability to follow specific instructions and attention to detail.
- This position requires the ability to work independently and as a member of a team to accomplish department goals.