Labeling Compliance Specialist (Remote)
Mrieux NutriSciences is a solutionproviderdedicated to preventing health risks related to food and to the use of everyday products. Offering a wide range of testing and consulting services, our teams are committed to providing our clients with accurate results, delivered on time, with uncompromising ethics, honesty and personal integrity.
Our motto: "More than a successful business, we are building a healthier world" .
Do you want to be a part of it?
YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE
We are looking for a Labeling Compliance Specialist. This is a REMOTE position based out of Canada. Your mission will be to:
Provide food & nutrition labeling compliance services to MrieuxNutriSciences#39; food & beverage mfg, retail, import/export and restaurantcustomers. The specialist ensures that labeling is carried out in accordancewith various federal and provincial guidelines.
This position encompasses a variety of nutrition, labelingand regulatory services to ensure compliance with all applicable regulationsand policies.
- Review, interpret and evaluate food labels, nutritionlabels, ingredient statements, allergen statements and other food labelingaspects to ensure compliance with relevant food regulations, as defined.
- Provide written reports/ assessments of label deficienciesand compliance results. Provide consultation on how to correct deficiencies toaddress compliance.
- Provide regulatory consultation on labeling compliancecustomer inquiries or projects. This includes reviewing documentations tosubstantiate labeling accuracy and claims.
- Review and consult on label compliance for organic,natural, gluten-free, Non-GMO claims, nutrient content claims and other claims.
- Develop and consult on nutrition facts labels, ingredientstatements and allergen declarations.
- Develop and provide technical information to customers asneeded.
- Address emerging regulatory issues pertaining to foodlabeling and ensure compliance with current and evolving regulations and ensureMrieux NutriSciences services meet changing needs
- As necessary, communicate cross functionally regardingcurrent and emerging food labeling issues and opportunities.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current food labelingregulations, regulatory activity and trends. Attend webinars and conferences asnecessary to stay up-to-date. Complete industry training sessions as needed tostay current in regulatory knowledge.
- On occasion, develop and maintain policies and proceduresfor department functions
- Works on company cross-functional regulatory projects asneeded
- On occasion may include pet food/treat review services orsupport for other North American countries such as US or Mexico.
- Other regulatory/labeling services upon request
- Bachelor#39;s degree in Food Science, Nutrition or related fields
- 2 years of related work experience preferred (Food Regulatory Compliance or Affairs, Food Labeling & Nutrition fields)
- A foundation of knowledge in food regulations (Canadian), nutrient composition and nutrition science. AAFCO and FDA regulations a plus
- Good knowledge of food product development and processes preferred
- Good understanding of food safety and allergens
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable working in a team setting
- Evidence of strong problem solving & critical thinking skills
- Intermediate mathematical skills
- Strong system acumen and computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Comfortable with working remotely on a virtual team
- Bilingual in French Canadian a plus
- Travel on occasion
You will join a company with an inspiring mission. With us, you could learn and develop yourself in a collaborative, empowering, dynamic and challenging environment. Entrepreneurship and improving public health are part of our DNA.
Join us and contribute to a meaningful Project!
To apply please click on #39;Apply now#39; button