Position Function and Scope: The responsibility of this position is to safely operate the palletizer, label, depalletizer and casing machines while ensuring accuracy of all reports and paperwork related to the job duties.
* Palletizer Machine: Operator is responsible for performing changeover duties for palletizer machine including but not limited to safely entering machine to clear cans and other foreign material as well as cleaning surrounding area to ensure a safe work environment.
* Monitor palletizer to ensure all product exiting has the correct labels. Adjust or report any mechanical problems to maintenance and management.
* Turn in all daily reports to the stock controller at the end of your shift.
* Record, change and ensure that the correct pallet tag information is input into the Brye Tag System in order to print the correct pallet tags.
* Label Machine: Operator is responsible for performing changeover duties for labeling machine including but not limited to utilizing lock out tag out procedures, safely entering machine to clear cans, labels, or glue, Operator is expected to maintain customary good housekeeping and safety practices in the performance of work assignments.
* Check labels on cans periodically.
* Ensure labels match the product currently running.
* Ensure/verify pallet tags with can codes
* Pull damaged labels and cans off the line.
* Add hot melt glue to machine when needed.
* Document product start times and tag information on indirect label record.
* Ensure that the Tensor ID Vision System is turned on and operational.
* All tags must be turned in with indirect sheet when changing products or end of day.
* Properly scan each pallet tag to production in Red Prairie system.
* Validate all documentation associated with the position and turn into office.
* Depalletizer Machine: Operator is responsible for performing changeover duties for depalletizer machine including but not limited to utilizing lock out tag out procedures, safely entering machine to clear cans and other foreign material as well as cleaning surrounding area to ensure a safe work environment.
* On Line 1, collect dented cans for sundry per protocol and throw away all others.
* Remove all swells, buckles, rust, and dented cans from pallet and dispose of correctly.
* Record all cans taken from the pallet on indirect labeling record.
* Casing Machine: Operator is responsible for performing changeover duties for caser machine including but not limited to utilizing lock out tag out procedures, safely entering machine to change and adjust machine parts, replenish glue pots, cleaning surrounding area to ensure a safe work environment.
* Replenish by keeping casing machine#39;s carton in feed conveyor filled with cartons.
* Operator must ensure that the cartons are correctly oriented in the machine.
* Keep open communication with stock controllers and supervisors to ensure the accuracy of documentation.
* Notify correct parties when changes occur.
* Accurately record and change the day code and Best By information for the case printer on each line.
* Safety, Housekeeping, Security: Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety. Comply with OSHA and other appropriate standards. Qualifications:
* Education (Preferred Level): High School Diploma or GED.
* Experience: Any equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
* Special Requirements: Must have basic proficiency in reading, writing, math, and computer skills. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Must be able to work in a quick paced environment, while working well with others and promoting a positive attitude. WE OFFER
* Competitive salary.
* Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k). Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED. (https://www.delmontefoods.com/careers/). Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific position for which Del Monte Foods, Inc. is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications for the position. No sponsorship is available for this position. No agencies or 3rd party vendors. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled