Responsibilities include all aspects of product testing, ingredient screening, sanitation monitoring, loss control prevention, QA/QC of Equipment, record keeping and report generation. Communication of quality standards and direction of blending/standardizing operations is also included. All activities should follow Safe Quality Foods (SQF), HACCP and Allergen food safety and quality policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP#39;s) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP#39;s) and Safety policies and procedures as provided by company management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Finished Product Quality, Ensure collection and analysis of finished products for all quality assurance and customer specifications, including bacterial content, codes, weights, physical, chemical and organoleptic standards.
- Product Loss Control, Record and Report lot results for each batch of standardized product produced. Direct processing personnel to correct product being blended until the appropriate specification is achieved. Screen products prior to packaging for quality standards. Investigate and report incidents of non-compliance.
- Raw Material Analysis Screen incoming ingredients and raw milk receipts for compliance with Quality Assurance standards. Collect samples for outside laboratory analysis where applicable. Notify regulatory agencies of incidents of regulated non-compliance.
- Record keeping/Reporting Maintain accurate and legible records. Complete customer regulatory and internal reports on a timely basis. Report noted deficiencies or missing data.
- Communication Record information forwarded to or collected by quality assurance and report to the appropriate plant personnel in a professional and timely manner.
- Sanitation Analysis Collect and analyze environmental and sanitation related samples for compliance with company standard operating procedures. Record and report data.
- Lab Supplies Order and manager the inventory of all quality assurance related supplies and materials.
- Calibration Ensure the accuracy of all quality assurance measurements and procedures by completing accurate and timely checks and calibrations of all equipment and materials as required by internal Quality Assurance programs.
- Perform all other duties assigned by the foreman, supervisors, and management, and this may involve temporary relocation to other departments.
- All personnel have the authority and responsibility for shutting down production lines and reporting to management when food safety or quality is suspected or known to be compromised.
- Management has the responsibility to assure that all food safety issues related to equipment, processes and methods have been adequately addressed to assure safe food is being produced before starting or continuing production.
- Adhere to all DFA Food Safety and Quality policies and procedures, reporting any non-conformities to Quality Assurance Management.
- Adhere to all DFA Safety policies and procedures, reporting any non-conformities to the Plant Manager or the Safety Manager.
Adhere to all DFA GMP/SOP policies and procedures, reporting any non-conformities to Quality Assurance Management.
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee; but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Third shift hours- may flex-2 am - 2:30pm