This position will support the 2nd shift (Monday- Friday, 3pm- 11:30pm).
Technicians are responsible for testing and inspecting product at various stages of the batching and production process. Technicians compile and evaluate data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products. All QC Technicians must be able to use gauges and other devices to verify conformity to standards of product being tested. Technicians work and participate in a team environment where shared responsibilities, problem solving, achieving team goals, and continuous improvements of the overall process are basic expectations. In addition, all technicians are expected to work on any assignments determined necessary by the Quality Assurance Manager or management to ensure team success.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assuring quality of batch preparation and quality control activities, including process inspection, sampling, and sensory evaluation to meet specification and quality standards.
- Perform quality monitoring activities. Record and review data to ensure all documentation is complete and accurate for compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Uses test methodology in assessing on-line quality of finished product. Discusses variances with appropriate plant personnel and monitors major quality problems or trends.
- Maintains process control by monitoring and/or generating statistical information and reports to Supervisor or Quality Assurance Manager.
- Foster teamwork consistent with our company and plant Mission, Vision, and Core Values
- Must adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Follows all DFA GMP#39;s and works in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality and sanitation requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the needs of the business.
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee; but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required