CSS Farms is a multi-state agricultural business with a mission of Growing Great Together. We achieve this by leading the way in stewardship and solutions for every field, every load, every day.
At CSS Farms we take great pride in doing the job right and believe our best work is achieved when we work together. Farming is our way of life, we have a deep passion for the land, our families, and our communities. We have a legacy rooted in solving hard problems and tackling new business ventures.
This position is responsible for assisting in the implementation of workplace safety, quality data entry, and product quality programs that meet federal, state, and customer standards.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the daily lab functions to ensure product is within acceptable standards
- Oversee and execute analytical lab testing of product samples
- Inspect raw materials, lab equipment calibrations, and sanitation
- Monitor product quality in laboratory to report quality related incidents
- Collaborate with lab employees to meet quality parameters
- Track field, lot, and storage numbers for product traceability
- Complete training programs for lab personnel
- Maintain lab organization and supplies through inventory tracking
- Organization of paper copy records into easily traceable binders
- Manage day-to-day employee scheduling including timesheet approval
- Responsible for completing weekly safety meetings
- Work experience in an agricultural setting
- 2+ years#39; work experience in a lab or quality control
- Proficiency with Windows programs
- Demonstrated ability to lead, train, and communicate well
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, and decimals. Ability to compute percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Able to work in a variety of environments
- A valid driver#39;s license or the ability to obtain one and pass vehicle insurance verification
- Fully Bilingual in English/Spanish, both written and verbal strongly preferred
- Walking and standing for long periods of time
- Bending, stooping, and kneeling
Expected Hours of Work
- Typical week is 40-55 hours per week, including some weekends with occasional hours outside this window during peak times (Planting/Harvest).
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Market competitive hourly rate
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- A paid time off package.
- Tuition reimbursement options.
CSS Farms provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CSS Farms complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
CSS Farms expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.