Lab Quality Controller
CSS Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to provide innovative solutions and superior quality and service to our customers. We proudly and relentlessly continue to meet the highest standards of stewardship when it comes to the three things we value most: our land, our employees, and our communities.
We are a team-oriented company with a high trust, entrepreneurial culture. We value our employees#39; opinions, we have a strong work ethic, and are focused on growing great vegetables and developing our operations profitably. People who are most successful at CSS Farms are energetic, self-directed, and pragmatic.
This position is responsible for assisting in the implementation of workplace safety, quality data entry, and product quality programs that meet federal, state, and customer standards.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the daily lab functions to ensure product is within acceptable standards
- Oversee and execute analytical lab testing of product samples
- Inspect raw materials, lab equipment calibrations, and sanitation
- Monitor product quality in laboratory to report quality related incidents
- Collaborate with lab employees to meet quality parameters
- Track field, lot, and storage numbers for product traceability
- Complete training programs for lab personnel
- Maintain lab organization and supplies through inventory tracking
- Organization of paper copy records into easily traceable binders
- Manage day-to-day employee scheduling including timesheet approval
- Responsible for completing weekly safety meetings
- Work experience in an agricultural setting
- 2+ years#39; work experience in a lab or quality control setting
- Proficiency with Windows programs
- Demonstrated ability to lead, train, and communicate well
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, and decimals. Ability to compute percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Able to work in a variety of environments
- A valid driver#39;s license or the ability to obtain one and pass vehicle insurance verification
- Fully Bilingual in English/Spanish, both written and verbal strongly preferred
- Walking and standing for long periods of time
- Bending, stooping, and kneeling
Expected Hours of Work
- Typical week is 40-55 hours per week, including some weekends with occasional hours outside this window during peak times (Planting/Harvest).
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Market competitive hourly rate
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- A paid time off package.
- Tuition reimbursement options.
CSS Farms is an EOE
CSS Farms expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.