We’re a small nutrition & healthy lifestyle company looking for a leader to join our team in Abilene, TX. Our company vision is to provide great tasting and healthy alternatives to the popular “go-to pick me up” drinks. Our goal is to produce products that are a gateway to healthy living.
We value respect, positive work ethic, creativity, drive and kindness.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Lab Manager:
- Supervision and oversight of the Research & Development Lab Team to ensure all internal and external deadlines are met, time and attendance, training (policy and procedure as they are developed, specific lab equipment, trend analysis, sensory testing process development)
- Ensure lab compliance with Food Safety and CGMP principles, HACCP, ISO 17025 requirements, BRC/NSF and FDA regulations, Customer Requirements and industry regulations
- Implement structure to formulation and reverse engineering as it pertains to new product development/product revisions
- Research of FDA regulations as they pertain to supplements, nutritional claims and food manufacturing requirements
- Provide excellent customer service, managing sample making flow to meet client’s specifications and turnaround time deadlines. Communicate directly with client base
- Manage priorities and schedule so that individual goals as well as team goals are achieved
- Address and resolve any malfunctioning equipment/facility issues or non-compliance of supplies and ingredients
- Periodically review and visually audit laboratory staff and processes to ensure compliance with methods and all standard operating procedures
- Maintain positive, kind and casual collaborative work culture in the lab
- Perform micros testing along with the Quality Team
- Manage documentation surrounding all micro testing results along with trending
- Communicate directly with partners, operations, and clients on projects
- Gain expertise in formulation software for use and training purposes
- Knowledge of ingredient sourcing, pricing as it pertains to formula development and reformulation
- Hold Ingredient suppliers to deadlines as they pertain to internal and external customer needs
Please apply if you have experience with micro-testing, Food Manufacturing in a Food Lab, Experience with Nutritional Requirements and Food Labeling, FDA requirements for Food Manufacturing, Formulation.