Our client is a leading food company looking to bring on board a Lab Manager in the Calgary, AB area.
What we are looking for you to do:
- Supervise laboratory operations to maintain quality, efficiency and turnaround time on lab work.
- Ensures timely and accurate responses to customer questions or concerns to maintain our high level of customer service.
- Serves as the hiring manager for the laboratory. Ensure that all personnel receive timely reviews and have promotional and/or professional development goals.
- Responsible for the laboratory financials to ensure profitability
- Works with Laboratory team to be ISO 17025 compliant and ensure that the Corporate Quality Management System is correctly employed.
- Ensures the laboratory is clean, sanitary, well organized and that building/equipment maintenance operations are performed.
- Ensure the lab maintains the Laboratory Safety Program at all times
- Supervise non-routine projects per client request and as assigned
- Maintain a high degree of technical competence by reading scientific journals, attending professional workshops, and being aware of food industry issues and trends
- Periodically review and visually audit laboratory staff to ensure compliance with methods
- Communicate directly with clients on laboratory capability, results, pricing, and related topics
- Travel is required (30%)
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- BS required, MS degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Technology, or related field technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- 5+ years’ leadership experience in a lab environment
What we will offer:
- An attractive salary, and healthcare package
- An amazing opportunity to grow your career with an industry leader
If you are someone that is ideal for this position and have a passion to be part of a high potential food company please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format – and don’t forget to include your accomplishments and achievements on your resume! We look forward to hearing from you.