Lab Assistant- Sample Prep
Mrieux NutriSciences is a solutionproviderdedicated to preventing health risks related to food and to the use of everyday products. Offering a wide range of testing and consulting services, our teams are committed to providing our clients with accurate results, delivered on time, with uncompromising ethics, honesty and personal integrity.
Our motto: "More than a successful business, we are building a healthier world" .
Do you want to be a part of it?
YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE
We are looking for a Lab Assistant- Sample Prep in our Burnaby, BC location. Your missions will be to:
Provide basic assistance to sample preparation operations of the laboratory. This position reports directly to the supervisor of the department in which they are working. Qualifications will vary depending upon which department the incumbent is working in and the specifics of the duties they are carrying out.
- Prepare, homogenize, and weigh samples for analysis.
- Quality control monitoring to include but not be limited to recording of daily temperatures, daily weigh checks, monthly pipette and syringe calibrations., etc.
- Collect, wash and dry glassware and other containers used throughout the laboratory and return to the designated locations in the laboratory. Conduct residue test on glassware as needed.
- Ensure department is stocked with necessary supplies.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the laboratory and surrounding areas.
- Assist the maintenance and janitorial personnel with other cleaning requirements as requested.Update logbooks and maintenance records as required.
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process. Perform necessary tasks related to quality control parameters for the function being performed.
- This position has the responsibilities and authority to identify departures from the quality system or test procedures and document such observations in accordance with the prescribed non-conforming system and notifies the supervisor.
- Adhere to all safety policies.
- May be asked to assist other departments in the capacity of lab assistant.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- This position requires the ability to follow specific instructions.
- A general understanding of the needs of the laboratory is required to avoid delays in sample testing or inaccurate results.
- A diploma in chemistry, microbiology or food science is required but previous experience may be accepted depending on the department and the duties of the role.
- A diploma is not required for glassware washing, sample weighing or CFIA sample prep. However organizational skills, and manual dexterity are required in these positions.
- Excellent verbal communication skills are required to interact with peers and management.
You will join a company with an inspiring mission. With us, you could learn and develop yourself in a collaborative, empowering, dynamic and challenging environment. Entrepreneurship and improving public health are part of our DNA.
Join us and contribute to a meaningful Project!
To apply please click on #39;Apply now#39; button