Mama Earth Organics source local and organic food directly from local farms and like-minded local businesses and artisans in Toronto, and conveniently distribute it to consumers’ homes in the Greater Toronto Area on a weekly basis. Our focus is local, organic, small-scale grown or produced food that tastes good. Our goal is to create an alternative, locally based, food system in Toronto. Mama Earth Organics is a Certified B Corporation.
As an essential service we have undertaken additional layers of protection for our staff and customers during the current pandemic. We have health screening for everyone entering our warehouse, including temperature checks. We are all wearing masks and gloves (and are changing our gloves often throughout the day) as well as washing our hands and using hand sanitizer wherever possible. We are also practicing physical distancing and recording any interactions within a 2m distance. We have contactless delivery. The health of our Mama Earthlings and their families is really important to us!
The Role and Responsibilities
The Prep Cook position is crucial to keeping this organic kitchen running efficiently! In this role you will be assisting in preparing delicious organic salads, snacks and sides.
This role includes food prep, packaging, organizing, cleaning and dishes. We work closely with small local farms to ensure we’re sourcing the best and freshest ingredients and supporting the organic food movement. The Mama’s Kitchen menu is constantly changing, growing, and evolving based on the season and someone with fresh ideas and a passion for great food will fit right in.
- Previous experience working in a kitchen in a similar role
- Detail oriented/ meticulous/ picky
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Positive attitude and ability to get along well with others
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, within time limits
- Some lifting is required (20-30 lbs)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Interest/knowledge in organics/environment/local food is an asset!
What#39;s In It For You
- You’ll be putting more food dollars into local farms so they can continue to grow the most nutritious and delicious produce while preserving farmland and biodiversity in Ontario.
- You’ll be supporting the creation of a local food system, built on principles of sustainability and biodiversity, and demonstrating that this can be both financially sustainable for farmers and affordable for consumers
- You’ll be joining a thriving business driven by an experienced leadership team who have built successful businesses
- You’ll be joining a team of talented, fun people who take pride in supporting the Local Food System one crazy fresh produce basket at a time
Things You Should Know
Hours: Mondays through Sundays, varying shifts. Two Shifts: 11AM to 7PM and 8AM to 4PM.
Compensation: Starting at $16.00 per hour (+meal)
- Working in a large, new kitchen space
- Daily organic, vegetarian meal included
- Work with actual chefs
- 100% made in house cooking from scratch
- 100% organic produce used
- Fun working environment
How to Apply:
If our mission and values resonate with you, then please apply! Send your cover letter and resume by clicking on APPLY Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line (and brownie points to those who send their cover letter and resume in one PDF file!)