Junior Brewer / Junior Quality Control Assistant
We are looking for a Junior Brewer and Junior Quality Control Assistant to support the brewing and quality control team at CAB. Details of both jobs are below.
Junior Quality Control Assistant Responsibilities
- Assist in providing accurate analysis, documentation and reporting of specified Analytical and Microbial parameters for products at a variety of points during the process, according to standard sampling programs.
- Help with the identification of non-standard/non-conforming elements of risk and reporting situations to appropriate supervisory staff in affected department(s) and to the Quality Control Manager, which may result in placing production Quality holds to allow further investigation
Junior Brewer Responsibilities
The Junior Brewer is expected to exhibit quality, efficiency and consistency in their work in the Brew house and in everything they do. The Junior Brewer will perform the following daily tasks;
- Raw ingredient handling
- Yeast management
- Cellaring tasks (CIP, tank transfers, sampling for daily checks/QC)
- Wort production
- Brewery Cleaning
- Being a key component of the CAB quality program
Junior Brewer / Junior Quality Control Assistant Qualifications, Experience and Skills/Knowledge
- High school or equivalent, College Diploma or bachelor’s degree is an asset
- Brewing specific post-secondary education is preferred
- 1+ years’ work experience in a brewery/brewpub environment is preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and problem solve effectively and efficiently
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Able to multitask and prioritize situations that require immediate attention
- Knowledge of materials and equipment used within beer production
- Able to work under pressure and deadlines
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety regulations and Company standards by all staff
- Aid in fostering an environment of continuous improvement
- Maintain and nurture a positive work environment
- Physically demanding
- Physical requirements of the role: carrying/lifting heavy items, transferring/lifting or pushing items, working in awkward positions, operating heavy equipment, or holding body in one position for a prolonged period
- Ability to lift 20kgs repetitively throughout a shift
- Standing for long periods of time in a warehouse environment
- A self-starter with great energy and true passion for beer
- Shift work is required for this role, this will include nights and weekends.
Collective Arts is a grassroots brewery founded on creativity and community. We fuse the creativity of craft beverages with the inspired talents of emerging artists and musicians from around the world.
Collective Arts is an equal-opportunity, affirmative action employer. We value and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all employees feel like they belong.
To apply please submit your resume, demo reel and any other applicable links to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of Junior Brewer or Junior QC Assistant. Also feel free to send anything else along that you think might help you stand out from the crowd.
Thank you for interest in Collective Arts Brewing and for taking your time to review this posting! Only potential candidates will be contacted back for an interview. Follow us on LinkedIn to stay aware of future job opportunities