For Current Agropur Employees: Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Job Type: Regular
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
Who we are:
We are an employee-focused organization that promotes from within and are looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented employees to join our growing team. Founded in 1938, Agropur is a top 20 global dairy processor. In addition to being one of the largest award-winning cheese manufacturers, Agropur is a leader in high quality and diverse nutritional whey proteins. Agropur#39;s 10 US-based, SQF Certified plants are behind some of the most prominent food, beverage, and nutrition brands in the industry. Vertically integrated by design, Agropur provides future-forward solutions in the areas of cheese, ingredients, beverages, and custom contract manufacturing services. "Better Dairy. Better World." www.agropur.com
What this role is all about:
We are looking for a Journeyman Apprentice position in the Lake Norden location.
The Journeyman Apprentice is responsible for completing work orders, carryout preventative maintenance schedules, and the installation of new equipment. In addition, this position will be expected to troubleshoot electrical and instrumentation equipment on process systems to support production, future projects, and/or process refinements.
- Sets up, calibrate, tests, measure and repair all types of electrical instruments.
- Collects equipment operation history and data to facilitate reliability improvements.
- Maintains accurate calibration records and documented parameters.
- Troubleshoots and repairs malfunctions and helps document failure analysis.
- Performs daily PMs of equipment and instrument calibrations.
- Is a proactive member of the team and as such, looks for, repairs, process improvements, and maintains a preventative attitude.
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of formal technical training preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Forklift Certification required.
- Experience with 4-20mA control Loops, Motor Control Centers utilizing voltages from 120vac to 480vac, and Variable Frequency Drives required.
- Experience with forklift repair required.
- Experience with Columbia Okura Robotic Palletizing preferred.
- Knowledge/ Ability to read and understand electrical prints required.
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience in a manufacturing plant required; food and/or fluid dairy manufacturing experience preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of journeyman apprentice experience in the installation, repair and maintenance of electrical systems, equipment and fixtures from blueprints, schematics and sketches or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience preferred.
What we offer you:
- Agropur offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package focusing on your physical, financial and emotional health to include the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision options
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health and Wellness Programs to include Wellness Incentives and Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for discretionary bonus#39; and discretionary 401(k) contributions based on Company financial performance.
- Paid Time Off Program, Holiday Pay and Bereavement
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Community Involvement