- For Current Agropur Employees: Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
- Job Type: Regular
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
The Janitor-Grand Rapids performs all tasks involved in maintaining a clean work environment; adhering to the Master Cleaning Schedule and practicing safe work habits. The Janitor works in all areas of the plant as needed
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily cleaning tasks per the Master Sanitation and Deep Cleaning Schedules, adhering to all Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions.
- Clean all drains in the plant according to the Master Sanitation Schedule using the correct tools, PPE and cleaning chemicals.
- Clean the locker rooms, restrooms and break rooms; emptying the trash and maintaining attention to detail.
- Ensure soap dispenser and paper towels are fully stocked at all hand washing sinks/stations throughout the facility.
- Properly maintain all assigned office and plant locations including corridors in a clean, neat and sanitary manner; mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash and running the floor scrubber.
- Demonstrate safe and effective use of housekeeping and chemical equipment/solutions as observed by the supervisor.
- Disinfect and sterilize equipment and utensils as needed, using the appropriate chemicals and equipment.
- Take all appropriate and required precautions when disposing of trash and chemical containers.
- Keep cart properly stocked with equipment and cleaning supplies; ensuring all chemicals are properly labeled and all equipment is in good working condition.
- Operate forklifts and floor scrubbers as required; maintaining an operator#39;s license, as appropriate.
- Prepare lines for CIP; moving required chemicals and utensils to the area.
- Accurately complete the necessary paperwork to ensure all documentation requirements are met.
- Report any evidence of pests identified during routine cleaning tasks to the Supervisor.
- Complete non-routine cleaning/sanitation tasks as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- May have contact with federal/state/regulatory inspectors on an annual basis.
- Understand and adhere to all Quality Assurance policies, immediately reporting any potential food safety issues to management.
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- This position requires the ability to work with dairy and nut products in addition to other related ingredients and allergens.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts, and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- No experience required; in-housing training provided.
- Previous janitorial experience preferred.
- Obtain and maintain a Forklift/Lift truck license; in-house training provided.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with management and colleagues.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, quality and cleanliness in work.
- Dedication to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind.
- Decisions administered soundly and consistently with policies and in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate functional and technical knowledge, ability to learn new skills quickly, and achieve a high level of accomplishment.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, adapt to a changing environment quickly, and think independently.
- Basic math skills plus fractions, percentages, decimals.
- Basic computer operational skills; able to input and retrieve computerized information.
- Able to exchange basic informational data (fill out forms/checklists, copy data from one record to another, etc.).
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
- AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity