Michael Foods, Inc. is a leading food processor and distributor with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products and offers exciting job possibilities throughout our organization. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food – where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
We have the honor and responsibility of working in food – a critical infrastructure industry during this time of global crisis. We are working around the clock to keep inventory flowing to our retailers and to help feed the world. We are hiring at many of our manufacturing facilities…this is a great opportunity for those who are now available due to hours being cut at their regular job or being sent home from college temporarily.
Take a look at how Michael Foods is giving back to the community during this difficult time!
The purpose of this job is to provide a clean and healthy work environment for the rest of the employees. This job entitles you to clean, sanitize and general upkeep of the lunchrooms, bathrooms, locker rooms, office and surrounding areas.
- Responsible for the Cleaning, Sanitation and general upkeep of the lunchrooms, bathrooms, locker rooms, office and surrounding areas.
- Assist with Laundry as needed on a daily basis.
- Assist with daily sanitizing in common areas.
- Responsible for trash removal.
- Operation of the sanitation equipment (i.e. floor scrubbers).
- Assisting in other areas as needed.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and HACCP guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained in order to maintain SQF certification. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- No prior experience or training.
- Ability to read a limited number of two-and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving one concrete variable in standardized situations.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Thorough Knowledge of GMP’s and Sanitation Procedures.
- Basic mechanical skills.
- Thorough knowledge of chemical safety.
- Strong attention to detail.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the duties required of the position.