For Current Agropur Employees:
Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Job Type: Regular
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
The IT Services Advisor is responsible for providing technical support and resolving incidents/requests for end-users across the US as a member of the US IT Plant Support group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolve incidents/requests to ensure user satisfaction, eliminate downtime and prevent cost overruns in a timely manner.
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot a wide range of hardware and software issues.
- Isolate, reproduce and analyze complex or escalated support issues through to resolution, either via assignment or direct ownership depending on severity.
- Maintain inventory at location and ensure inventory procedures are being respected.
- Communicate on a timely basis with supervision, management and/or end-users regarding issues, failures, upgrades or replacements to ensure understanding and planning.
- Oversee work and performance of IT subcontractors. Ensure that company standards are being met and work is being completed to the highest level.
- Deal with escalations and complaints quickly while reinforcing SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Keep good communication with end-users and provides ongoing training.
- Maintain up-to-date reference documentation in the TI SharePoint site and Agronet.
- Identify and communicate areas for improvement. Help implement these changes.
- Support and help maintain production environments. (where applicable)
- Establish good communication with plant leadership to ensure IT needs are being met.
- Support IT standards and help the IT Department recognize where they need to be added.
- Work in partnership with plant automation teams to build strong IT and OT synergy.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- May have contact with third party vendors or subcontractors.
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant experience as a technical advisor required.
- Experience in a plant/manufacturing environment preferred.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with executives, managers, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Dedication to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind.
- Ability to extract, analyze, and act on information with limited supervisory input.
- Results driven, bottom-line oriented, strive to exceed goals, and motivate self and others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Demonstrate functional and technical knowledge, ability to learn new skills quickly, and achieve a high level of accomplishment.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook and field-specific software.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, establish priorities, ability to multitask, and meet deadlines.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity