As a member of our information technology (IT) team, you ll apply cutting-edge resources to help Johnsonville become even more productive and efficient, reduce costs and improve our capacity and profitability. You ll use and continually develop both your technical expertise and business acumen to maintain Johnsonville s innovative industry leadership.
IT Project Manager
As the IT Project Manager, you will participate in the MIS portfolio review process and govern aspects of solution delivery through requisite project controls, templates, forms, and processes. This is an opportunity to partner with cross functional members and senior leaders in the organization by representing the project steering team, serving as an advocate for the projects and respective teams while addressing project status, needs, risks and budget. You are also responsible for all aspects of the planning, management and execution of assigned business projects, and ensuring adequate ownership of communication is maintained with all stakeholders, vendors and technology users. As a valued teammate you can provide an enjoyable learning experience for the teams you support.
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Lead effective meetings with stakeholders and team members
- Consult with project leads to predict resources needed to reach objective and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Prepare budgets based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Lead technical and non-technical aspects of a project
- Monitor and provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- As a project manager, regularly interact and work with senior management
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques and standards when applicable
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Support teammates and members with portfolio and project management tasks as necessary
- Assist with continuous-improvement efforts and standardization for PM processes
- Involvement in creating a positive experience through teamwork
- Bachelor s degree required
- 7 - 8 years IT Project Management experience preferred
- Hybrid IT environment implementation experience preferred
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated project management skills based on PMBOK
- Experience in organizing, planning and executing IT projects from the conceptualization stage through to implementation, involving key stakeholders and vendors
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives
- Ability to formally build communication plans and execute against them
- Demonstrated ability to work with end user groups to define project needs and identify feasible solutions
- Experience with waterfall and agile methodologies
Coach: ITBusiness Partner
Location: Global Headquarters; Sheboygan Falls, WI
Travel: Not a ton, less than 20% of your time
Other: Requires work outside of normal shift hours
Member Status: Full Time, Salaried
Referral Bonus: If a Johnsonville member refers you,you re BOTH eligible for a $1,000 referral reward (paid out in increments over the new hire s first 6 months of service)!
About our Company
Since 1945, our family-owned band of sausage-makers has invented better ways to make, eat and prepare crave-able sausage. Today, we are 2,000 Members strong. We sell our famous sausage in all 50 United States and more than 40 countries. We have a culture built on the idea that if we make developing your talents our top priority, great business results will follow naturally. We call it The Johnsonville Way. It has been our secret sauce for decades, and we hope you get to experience it for yourself!
How to Apply:
External candidate: Apply on-line only at: http://jobs.johnsonville.com
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.