The Computer Help Desk Operator is responsible for providing a first level of technical support for all of Newly Weds Foods by means of telephone, remote computer control, relocation or movement of supplies and equipment as well as proactive audit, analysis and monitoring.
- Provide 1st level technical support for all employees
- Assist users and answer questions on computer applications, network functions and hardware issues.
- Investigate recurring problems with software and determine if software patches or upgrades are required.
- Provide 24hr. support in rotation
- Run Month End Closes
- Run back ups as required, maintain files and collect, assemble and distribute reporting data
- Troubleshoot and resolve computer operating problems, notify programmers of program problems, arrange for outside repair as needed and keep manager informed of system malfunctions.
- Receive and process incoming Purchase Orders
- Process new hires and terminated employees registrations
- Identify and maintain computer supplies, parts and equipment as needed.
- Install & configure computer systems remotely for employee turnover.
- Prioritize and run special reports as requested.
- Store and release tapes and transfer back up tapes as scheduled.
- Investigate potential hardware problems and assist with determination of hardware issues.
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed.Manage 3rd party (HR Alchemy) components and software around the country as needed
- High School Diploma or GED. Associate#39;s Degree or IT/MIS completed coursework a plus.
- Minimum of two years#39; experience with customer service / help desk back ground.
- Strong communication, analytical abilities, organization skills and excellent knowledge of Adobe applications, Microsoft 0ffice and Lotus Notes
- Must be able to lift 50##
- Manual Dexterity: Heavy lifting of computers, printers, servers, UPS#39;s (up to 50##) is required.
- Physical Efforts: Repairing hardware requires bending under desks, tables and printer stands as well as moving and relocating hardware.
- General office setting and Manufacturing environment
- 40+hrs /wk with OT, varying shifts, late nights, holidays, weekend and 24hr support rotation
Newly Weds Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer