POSITION: Invoicing Admin and Warehouse Picker– Night Shift
Reports To: Warehouse Manager; Night Shift Supervisor
Associated Buyers, a natural, specialty, and local foods distributor operating throughout New England, is looking for a responsible, self-motivated, and independent Invoice Admin and Warehouse Picker to perform all invoicing tasks during our night shift and perform picking and/or receiving duties prior to – and/or after – invoicing. Other opportunities for Accounts Receivable and Accounting clerk duties for the right candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Invoice Administrator – Night Shift (Invoicer) performs administrative and clerical tasks related to billing and invoicing, as well as other accounting clerical duties. The focus of this work is to ensure that drivers can obtain accurate paperwork for customers daily. The Invoicer compiles paperwork for drivers and provides this paperwork to the warehouse at the end of the night. During the invoicing process, the Invoicer will initiate daily company reports following an established reporting process, and update accounting systems after invoicing. The Invoicer is also responsible for emailing invoices to customers and preparing per diems and other items for drivers.
As the timing of the invoice process is dependent upon order volume and time of order picking completion in the warehouse, the Invoice Administrator will perform other warehouse duties before and after invoicing in support of the warehouse, including but not limited to picking, packing, and preparing products for shipping; receiving and replenishing products to warehouse bins, and other duties as directed by the night shift supervisor. Other general accounting administration and clerical tasks as well as other warehouse tasks may be assigned as needed, depending upon experience, interest, and motivation!
Our ideal Invoice Admin is punctual, consistent, and timely with completing her/his duties, and is also flexible and self-motivated. Invoicing Work will primarily be performed without direct supervision, but employee will be responsible for several important tasks and functions. The ability to work independently, communicate clearly with customers and co-workers, and work toward the overall company goals are key components of this role. The ability to perform warehouse duties and functions when invoicing is complete is essential to this position, and the ideal Invoicer will be able to switch between computer-based tasks to warehouse tasks as needed.
Requirements, Knowledge, and Experience:
- All employees of Associated Buyers are expected to establish and maintain respectful working relationships.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are expected.
- Ability to lift and move products onto carts, use ladders to retrieve products, and move carts throughout the warehouse are essential for this position.
- Basic Accounting skills or experience in Billing, Accounts Receivable, or other accounting administrative functions are preferred.
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred for this position.
- The ability to read, write and speak English and confidently perform high school-level math is required.
- Competency with email messaging, MS Outlook or equivalent is necessary to perform core tasks. Ability to compose emails to customers with proper spelling, punctuation, and business language is required.
- Previous experience in a warehouse and distribution environment, or an accounting department is preferred.
- Competency with computer software such as MS Office, Excel, and other programs generally used for accounting and reporting is required.
- Specific experience with MAS200 or other business Accounting Software preferred.
About Associated Buyers:
Associated Buyers is an independently owned natural, specialty, local and global foods distributor servicing New England from our home base in Barrington, NH. We have a broad and diverse group of customers, including natural, conventional, and specialty retail grocers, restaurants, cafes, bakeries and other foodservice establishments, institutions, food producers, and buying clubs. Our eclectic and wide-ranging product offerings include bulk ingredients, packaged grocery items, refrigerated and frozen products, and a huge selection of locally produced foods, international/global flavors, home, and personal care items, and more. We love local, we adore niche, we geek out on global, and we are known for finding the best stuff no one has yet heard of. We support our vendors and our customers through honest engagement, fair pricing, and partnership that lasts. We are also as equal opportunity as it gets; we are open, progressive, diverse, loving, and fun, and we put respect, honesty, and integrity at the forefront. We have all found a home here, which is why so many of us have stayed so long!