The Inventory Planning Manager is responsible for all aspects of inventory and logistics for the plant, including packaging, ingredient, operating supplies, personnel supplies, shipping, transportation, waste management, recycling, inventory control of those items, and all related staffing needed to facilitate proper execution of all related tasks. Position will communicate directly with suppliers but will also work closely with Corporate Sourcing, Product Management, and Transportation in order to stay up to date on current policies, proceduresand vendor statuses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain inventory accuracy for all products stored within the Demopolis and outside storage facilities
- Master schedule and plan all finished goods for the Demopolis production facility.
- Reconcile weekly inventory counts
- Responsible for monitoring and ordering ingredients and other materials.
- Responsible for the procurement of all packaging associated with finished goods.
- Maintain documentation necessary for operations including tracking/inputting work orders, requisitions, activity reports and daily log book
- Support the MRO team and the Inventory & Receiving Specialist with parts acquisition and inventory management
- Supply chain management support, including assisting in implementing process improvements and assisting in planning, organizing, and evaluating supply chain activities.
- Act as the liaison between the corporate Demand Planner and Commercial Services department and communicate any supply issues.
- Assisting in analyzing inventory needs based on sales trends, inventory levels and supply/demand analysis.
- Other duties, as assigned
- 4+ years progressive responsibility in two or more of the following areas: Procurement, Operations Management, or Supply Chain
- Proven exceptional analytical capabilities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor s degree in Supply Chain/Operations Management or related field
- Previous experience with SAP systems
- Effective verbal, written, interpersonal and instructional skills
- Basic computer skills
- Credibility and effective leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities
Physical Requirements: Qualified applicants must be able to perform the following physical job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Must be able to lift up-to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in hot, humid, and cold manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work in crowded spaces for 4+ hours per shift
- Must be able to bend and crawl for 7+ hours per shift
- Must be able to climb ladders for 4+ hours per shift
- Must be able to stand for 6+ hours per shift
- Must be able to walk for 6+ hours per shift
- Must be able to reach and grasp up to 6+ hours per shift