You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you re thinking how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can take home free snacks everyday!
At Shearer s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Inventory Control Specialist
This is an hourly role. Must have Inventory Control Warehouse Experience!
Work as part of finished goods team to ensure daily safety, quality, and production goals are met!
Your seat at the best snacks table:
- Responsible for following all safety policies, compliance of GMP s procedures, JSA s and the dawning of proper PPE where required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to health and safety activities.
- Observe Safety Policies, reports/remedy unsafe acts (near miss) hazards, and maintain a clean and orderly work station.
- Any safety/food issues identified should be reported immediately to the Shift Specialist, Team Leader (Supervisor), or Manager.
- Forklift operators must safely and efficiently haul/transfer product in accordance to Shearer s standards and procedures.
- General cleaning of areas and personal 5S/industrial housekeeping responsibilities.
- Lead by example: visibly and actively support other functional plant initiatives.
- Recognize what to do in the event of an injury or incident by using the Perham Decision Making Trees
- Must be willing to be certified in the operation of forklifts and other equipment deemed necessary.
- Forklift will be trained in the operation of pre-operational inspections.
- Follows and models all company procedures and policies, acting as a role model for other employees.
- Notifies the Shift Team Leader (Supervisor) of any problems with product or quality discrepancies.
- Inventory transactions should be conducted in Mapics and JDA management system in real time in order to assure that record balances in the system accurately reflect on-hand quantities.
- Utilizes the RF gun to transfer, pick and scan product.
- Manage/Run the Inventory Freshness, Inventory No Demand & Mapics VS JDA reports and any/all other required reports.
- Coordinates with Customer Service for liquidating close dated product.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly cycle counts.
- Participate/coordinate required annual reconciliation process.
- Audit pallet locations ensuring product is scanned to the correct location at the time of allocation.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales or other containers.
- Loads, unloads and transfers materials within or near the plant, yard or work site, performing any combination of following duties.
- Coordinates daily with members of the quality team. (hold issues/area, scrap/incinerator & food bank)
- Set up RAW materials for loading when needed.
- Coordinate rework efforts with the plant when required.
- LPN s review/adjust/reprint case labels when applicable.
- Monthly reconcile required for both onsite and offsite inventories.
- Daily review of the transfer trailers transferred from production.
- Review/update error locations daily.
- Receive ICS finished goods into inventory and allocate as needed.
- Loads, unloads materials onto or from pallets, racks and shelves by hand.
- Expected to arrive to work on-time.
- Consolidate like materials utilizing the inventory consolidation tool.
- Ability to work flexible hours with advance notice.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality priorities.
- Adhere to the Shearer s break policy.
- Adherence to all warehouse rules and expectations.
- Accepts other duties as assigned, including but not limited to; flexing between finished goods, raw materials and inventory management as needed.
What you bring to the party
- Listens to others and communicates in an effective manner.
- Identifying and dealing with issues proactively and persistently by seizing opportunities that arise and coming up with solutions.
- Interacts with other team members in a positive manner and does not engage in behaviors that would degrade the team dynamic.
- Demonstrates an understanding of new information.
- Masters new technical and organizational concepts and information.
- Builds on strengths and addresses weaknesses.
- Pursues self-development on a continual basis.
- Seeks feedback from others and is receptive to new ideas and perspectives.
- Seeks opportunities to master new knowledge.
- Provides timely guidance and feedback to help employees accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Provides guidance in how to strengthen knowledge, skills, and competencies to improve personal and organizational performance.
- Provides a variety of experiences to develop the employee's capability.
- Follows all rules and procedures (safety and other) to set a good example for all employees.
We offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!