Job Title: Inventory Control Specialist Reports To: Controller
Basic Function: Responsible for all assigned tasks relating to inventory control.
In the absence of this position the Shipping Supervisor will assume the responsibilities for this position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages inventory rotation through FIFO (first in first out) procedures.
- Maintains inventory cycle count and physical inventory programs.
- Audits receiving department transactions daily and corrects if necessary – maintains receiving error spreadsheets.
- Reports, reconciles and researches inventory discrepancy issues.
- Counts and reconciles randomly chosen product numbers and/or locations.
- Assists in developing solutions to specific problem areas.
- Ensures compliance to inventory processes and procedures.
- Ensures allergen control of stored ingredients.
- Exchanges information regularly with other managers, supervisors, and employees.
- Possesses understanding of and experience using inventory management software and equipment (bar code scan guns and label printers).
- Inventory control specialist has a working relationship with shipping supervisor, shipping employees, controller and day shift inventory control specialist.
- Reports directly to Controller.
- At least 5 years of experience in inventory control preferred
- Proficiency using JD Edwards, SAP, Oracle or similar software and IR scanner guns preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods.
- Ability to multitask.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- High school graduate with a two year associates degree. 4 year college degree preferred.
- Willing and able to work night shift.