Do you have inventory control experience across multiple warehouses in the perishable goods industry?
Do you have good problem solving skills to identify and resolve inventory discrepancies, and prior experience processing product returns, and issuing supplier and customer claims?
Are you accurate, organized and efficient, with a team approach and sense of urgency?
Do you have advanced Excel skills (Vlookup, Pivot Table, Macros)?
Then read on to learn about our Inventory Control Coordinator opportunity in Pedricktown, NJ. This role will appeal to people who have attention to detail, knowledge of FIFO inventory principals, are dedicated to getting results and enjoy inbound and outbound inventory tracking, reporting and claims investigation and resolution in a high volume fast paced environment.
The Lamb Company is a farmer owned cooperative that has been in business for over 50 years. We are a leading North American supplier of premium imported beef and lamb brands and specialty meats to the top retail and food service customers. We pride ourselves on the highest safety and quality standards and offer products that are traceable from Pasture to Plate.TM
Position Reports To: Inventory Control Manager
The Inventory Control Coordinator drives shareholder value by maintaining and ensuring the integrity and accuracy of inbound and outbound inventory nationally, while maintaining excellent relationships with 3rd Party Cold Storage Partners, Customers, and internal employees. This position works closely with the Finance Department, Processing Administrators, Sales Teams, and Procurement Teams to ensure accuracy of inventory through reporting and regular audits. The Inventory Control Coordinator proactively implements processes and procedures to improve the efficiency, accuracy and traceability of inventory, and to manage our claims programs (returns, refusals, damaged cartons). Maintains up to date records for inventory control and is fully cross trained with other roles.
US Inbound and Outbound Inventory Control:
· Maintain inventory control of Chilled and Frozen products across multiple warehouses in New Jersey and California
· Perform regular inventory Lot Checks, Cycle Counts and Reconciliations
· Monitor expiry dates, shelf life, FIFO and prepare and communicate reports to Sales and Finance such as Aging Reports
· Liaise with 3rd Party Cold Storage Partners to verify inventory accuracy when discrepancies occur
· Prepare reports such as quarterly and yearly book inventory
· Process and post arriving inventory into Dynamics
· Record overages and shortages on receipts, monitor pallets received and shipped
· Check and record expiry dates in Dynamics against 3rd Party Cold Storage inventory, ensuring no discrepancies exist
· Prepare weekly freeze down report and manage transactions to and from the blast freezer with the goal to minimize freeze downs month over month
· Assist with invoicing once order has been entered into Dynamics:
o Review bill of lading to ensure all lots match to order
o Add outbound weights to ensure no inventory discrepancies between bill of lading and picking tickets
o Change temp lots to actual lots pulled, if required
o Investigate Lot Number, Lot History and Weight discrepancies
o Send paperwork to Sales Team in USA, and to Accounts Receivable in Canada
· Process return authorizations from customers to 3rd Party Cold Storage inventory
· Manage claims process with Suppliers
· Send return documents to Canada for Customer credit
· Assist Accounting with Proof of Deliveries (PODs)
- Perform other related duties as assigned, and initiate recommendations to further enhance the company’s recognition as a top employer
- Liaise with sales, procurement and warehouse personnel to ensure information is accurate and shared
Key Success Measures
- Accurate inventory management and reconciliations
- Claims are well managed and mitigated proactively to minimize expense and exposure
- Accurate and timely Aging Reports and Action Items communicated promptly
- Accurate and timely administration of documentation
- Manage chilled and frozen inventory in Dynamics
Qualifications & Considerations for the Position
- College or secondary school diploma
- 2 years’ experience in inventory control in the food industry, preferably in perishable goods
- Strong understanding of FIFO, aging inventory reporting and the costs associated with inbound and outbound inventory control management
- Fluent in English
- Organized self-starter with proven ability to co-ordinate and effectively follow up on multiple projects and assignments and meet all deadlines
- Excellent ability to plan, organize and prioritize with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to work under pressure, resolve problems, and meet tight deadlines
- Able to collect, maintain, evaluate data, summarize and write reports, and recommend continuous improvement
- Strong math skills to compute weight, cost and other variables
- Good oral, written and communication skills; able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders
- Proficient in computer software, such as inventory / traceability software, manufacturing software (GP Dynamics) and Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Team player with high integrity, values and a positive attitude and a sense of urgency
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
NOTE: As an essential services employer, without the ability to work remotely, we require all workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The Lamb Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
The Lamb Company is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the selection process. Please contact Human Resources if accommodation is required.