SCOPE OF POSITION:
Work under the supervision of a Senior Engineer assisting the Engineering, Maintenance, Continuous Improvement (CI), and Operations departments with relevant technical work. During their tenure, Engineering Interns may conduct engineering studies; specify, assist, and lead improvement projects; and provide hands-on assistance to Maintenance, CI, and Operations.
Position is expected to last 2 semesters/12 months. However, Pinnacle reserves to right to shorten or extend the term at its discretion.
Interns typically work 16 - 20 hours per week on average during school semesters and 28-32 hours per week during the summer. Schedules are flexible to accommodate class schedules within the hours of 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct engineering studies to test and validate technologies, equipment, and processes.
- Write Standard Work Documents as needed
- Assist with creating and implementing push/pull systems in the plant
- Assist with administering Audit Programs throughout the plant
- Analyzing yield data
- Assist in the development and management of capital projects.
- Create AutoCAD drawings of equipment layouts; electrical/hydraulic/ammonia schematics, and other similar plant drawings.
- Assist Maintenance in troubleshooting industrial control systems, high speed automation, and other related plant equipment.
- Participate in Kaizens, on process improvement teams, and/or serve in other related capacities.
- Be willing to follow the Good Manufacturing Processes of a high-volume food manufacturer.
Minimum qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Computer Knowledge - Comfortable with Microsoft Office a requirement. Experience with AutoCAD and Allen Bradley PLC systems a plus
- Interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a matrixed team environment.
- Junior level standing in a 4-year engineering program required with most core classes completed.
- Ability to learn complex production processes and new technologies quickly.
- Creative in problem solving and innovative approaches to resolve complex problems.
- Previous experience in the food processing area a plus.
- Any engineering discipline may apply, but preference given to Industrial Engineering students.
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Conagra is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great salaries, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off , flexible work-schedules
Conagra Brands is one of North America#39;s leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that#39;s passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender#39;s®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie#39;s® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke#39;s®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.