McCormick & Co., Inc., a world leader in the spice, flavor & seasonings industry, is seeking a full time International Trade Compliance Team Lead located at 24 Schilling Rd in Hunt Valley, MD. This International Trade Compliance Team Lead will report to the Director of International Trade & Compliance Americas.
With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry - retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better ™
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
Execute Foreign Trade Compliance activities to reduce exposure to Import and Export violations for the company. Responsibilities of this position include analysis of Company industrial and retail products, spices, flavors, seasonings, and batter/breader systems, to determine origin and the status under various trade treaties, NAFTA, CAFTA., etc. This position services businesses globally to include (CPD, FSD, USIG, Spice Mill, MGIL, Canada, Mojave, Mexico). This position will also supervisor and provide oversight for ITC team members. Primary focus will be Canadian Import and Export compliance.
- Management of the Harmonized Tariff Classifications for the US, CA and other countries and the ability to read and interpret international trade treaties, trade documentation and law. Also included are all applicable export, import and customs related activities.
- Responsible for providing strategies and guidance that helps reduce exposure from compliance violations and provide duty savings for the corporation.
- Communications with internal and external legal departments and government agencies such as CBSA, CFIA, FDA and CBP.
- This position is responsible for First Time Order, New Product Creation processing and the maintenance and utilization of the SAP GTS system.
- Will assume oversight for Canadian dairy quota programs
- B.S. Degree in Business, International Trade or related field
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Communicate internationally and externally with customers, legal departments and government agencies
- Experience using SAP
- Experience in CA exporting/importing; CA Custom regulations and compliance
- 6+ years required experience in the international trade arena including tariff classification, origin determination and Free Trade Agreements (NAFTA.)
- 4+ years food industry experience required (prior food knowledge in the areas of seasonings, flavorings and/or spices strongly preferred).
- Computer systems knowledge including Microsoft Office, Sharepoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of on-line government databases and regulatory guidelines
- Ability to travel to international business locations, (estimated 10%-15%)
- Supervisory experience
- Professional Trade Certification and or Licenses (ex: Broker#39;s License, Certified Customs Specialist)
- Experience using GTS SAP and DevEx
- Product Development and Quality Assurance experience
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.