ROAR Logistics, Inc. is a global transportation service provider (3PL) and U.S. Customhouse Brokerage, offering an extensive portfolio ofRail,Ocean,Air, andRoad services to aid clients in the delivery of their products around the world. ROAR utilizes state-of-the-art technology to coordinate, manage and track shipments from point of origin to final destination. ROAR delivers best in class customer service and support with comprehensive operations in major markets throughout the world.
To provide pricing support to ROAR Logistics customer base, National Account Managers and commissioned sales agents.
- Provide customers and ROAR Sales Associates with intermodal rates on an as needed basis, including daily spot rates, short term and long term rates.
- Ability to price bid packages for customer requests, ensuring that rates are submitted within the deadlines given by the customer.
- Develop and maintain relationships with drayage and rail vendor staff and sales associates.
- Negotiate rates and services with rail, drayage, steamship and other service providers.
- Work cooperatively with the intermodal operations staff, ensuring utilization of best rail routing options ensuring enhanced margin levels while maintaining best service offerings to customers
- Have a thorough knowledge of the North American rail system as well as rail vendors that provide service offerings to ROAR.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of accounts and their rate and routing structures.
- Assist with data base maintenance as necessary, including customer and vendor rates.
- Become knowledgeable of ROAR TMS and be able to provide operational assistance as necessary.
- Must be able to manage and resolve rate issues for ROAR customers as required.
- Prepare miscellaneous reports and assist with projects when necessary
- Prior intermodal pricing experience, with particular emphasis on spot market rating to customers, as well as knowledge of domestic small box pricing.
- Knowledge of Canada and Mexico markets is a plus.
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5-10 years of domestic rail intermodal experience, preferably with pricing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Email
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates ( Rich s ), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich s. Please contact Rich s Human Resources department at asc rich.com if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.