City Brewing Company, a leading contract manufacturer in the beverage industry, has an immediate opening for an Instrumentation & Controls Technician at our La Crosse, WI facility. This position requires a high level of technical competence and ability to grow the competitive capabilities of the Company.
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Calibration, installation and verification of instrumentation systems.
• PLC and HMI programming.
• Set up and operate tests and collect data.
• Build, troubleshoot and repair electronic circuits.
• Maintain equipment tracking / calibration database.
• Review and evaluate existing and new processes, and conduct field measurements.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and improve manufacturing methods for production. This may include the selection, specification or machinery design/redesign to achieve the stated objected. It may also mean changes of production methods.
• Interface with vendors and bring knowledge and experience into the manufacturing practice when and where applicable.
• Associate Degree in electronics or equivalent job related or military experience. Manufacturing experience (food or beverage preferred) totaling 4-8 years desirable.
• Be fully capable of troubleshooting and repairing PLC systems. Candidates with Rockwell CLX, SLC500, and PLC5, experience are preferred.
• Candidates must have prior experience with operator interfaces and be capable of troubleshooting those systems. Experience in A-B Panel-View, Panel-View+, Factory Talk SE, ME, and Studio software.
• Experience with logic diagrams, instrumentation installation details, piping and instrument diagrams, motor control schematics, specifications, and cost estimating is desired.
• Experience with loop controller, regulators, transducers, recorders, process controls, pressure transmitters, flow transmitters, temperature transmitters, pneumatic, control valves is desired.
• Experience in A-B servo programming and controls, especially knowledge in Sercos control and Kinetix Servo Controllers.
• Must be able to work effectively in a team environment with minimal supervision.
• Proven problem-solving ability.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task under continuously changing business priorities.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Strong mathmetical / analytical skills.
• Possess strong communication and presentation skills.
• Willingness to work overtime when required.
City Brewing Company provides a competitive salary and benefit package that includes: Health, Life, Dental and Long Term Disability Insurance; Section 125; 401(k); and more. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume, including salary requirements.