Who We Are!!!
- We are your premier destination for healthy meat and protein choices
- We are the independent food retailers ’point of destination for Organic, Grass Fed, Antibiotic Free, and all Natural protein products.
- We provide a wide variety of domestic and internationally branded and private label products.
- We service over 1,000 food-service, wholesale, retail, and Military Commissary customers 6 days a week with next day deliveries. We deliver over 2,000 refrigerated, frozen and grocery items to upstate NY, Philadelphia, Connecticut, Long Island, and New Jersey.
- Our mission is to exceed the expectations of our customers and vendors while maintaining a culture of trust and confidence.
Position Summary: From an Inside / primarily office based position, perform as a member of a sales team to develop new and existing customers within an assigned customer base and/or a given sales territory. With a primary focus on supporting the company’s premium pre-order business, support the company’s sales goals by working in conjunction with the assigned field salesperson, the premium program managers and administrator to maintain and grow your assigned accounts pre-order business. Utilize professional sales techniques, effective marketing of company products, and good customer service to promote and build deep, high-quality customer relationships resulting in improved sales and profitability in your assigned accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following essential functions:
- Utilizing the phone as your primary means of communication with your customers, utilize daily call sheets to maintain regular consistent communication to both promote pre-order business in those customers and take daily orders for order entry.
- Introducing new premium lines and or existing premium line extensions.
- Meet or exceed established branded sales goals and objectives.
- Maintains updated sales binders with current price sheets.
- Maintaining a daily call log located in a shared folder located in the Sales drive folder called “Preorder inside Sales Daily Call Log”.
- Attends trade shows, and other industry events, as requested.
- Participates in the selection of new products by communicating with the marketing department on new product market trends and competitive intelligence.
- Works closely with the Purchasing Department on customer product needs.
- Works in conjunction with the Credit Department and other related departments in regards to sales needs and objectives.
- Infield Customer Visits
- Premium Preorder Prospect List
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum high school graduate; advanced degree preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of previous Inside Sales experience
- Previous food service distribution experience strongly preferred
- A proactive self-starter, motivated and resourceful to reach and exceed sales goals, while achieving a high level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to manage multiple customers concurrently at various stages of the sales process
- Must have the ability to persuade and influence others (good negotiation skills).
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent listening skills and the ability to use open and closed probes.
- Must be able to prioritize work.
- Must be able to prioritize work.
- Must be accurate, thorough, and maintain consistent follow-through.
- Must have strong sales skills, but also be willing and able to “roll-up shirt sleeves” to provide service when needed.
- Bilingual (Spanish & English)
- Strong working knowledge of AS400, Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Must demonstrate sales leadership skills
- Must share a commitment to company values.
Be a part of a winning team at a great company in a stable industry within the world's largest food distribution center; come work with us!
** Equal Opportunity Employer