The Ingredient Handler assists with setting up production line, preparing ingredients, supplying production the lines, and, ensuring overall flow of the production line. Ingredient Handler is responsible for all QA requirements.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Assist in setting up assigned production line or work area.
- Clean, sanitize and dry all equipment and machinery as needed.
- Assist the line in relief activities as well as starting up and setting up the production line from any planned or unplanned stoppages
- Prepare ingredients per procedure or recipe, auditing and ensuring compliance of weights of raw materials consumed.
- Supply line with ingredients in a timely and acceptable manner.
- Perform prepweigher jobs as assigned.
- Operate different machinery in prep areas such as dicers, tumblers, extruders, mixers etc.
- Enter and verify the correct information on all paperwork that is required.
- Responsible for SAP and Return Procedure (Tags).
- Maintain quality standards by complying with all code 32s and proper food handling techniques.
- Maintains and adheres to all TPM activities (CL/CIL/5S/Tagging/SOC/etc.) to ensure that all prep areas and the production line is maintained and operates at peak efficiency
- Ensure proper weight control on all ingredients prepped to recipe and ensure to minimize waste by completely emptying all ingredients from their containers.
- Ensure all V-Mags are completely empty and ingredients are used in the process before taking them to pot station to be washed.
- Other duties assigned.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Must have legible handwriting with attention to detail.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must have mechanical ability to make minor adjustments.
- Detect and understand warning lights, buzzers, alarms or instruments indicating hazardous conditions or circumstances which may cause equipment or product loss and physical harm.
- Must observe Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Must follow safety rules and procedures indicated in the Ingredient Handler SOP.
- Must be able to work at least 40 hours per week on an assigned shift with some daily overtime and weekend overtime.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Work keys.