Nestlé Purina is expanding! Introducing Nestlé Purina’s newest factory in the U.S. – in Hartwell, Georgia – just shy of 110 miles northeast of Atlanta. We opened a state of the art distribution center in 2018 and production facility in 2019 – our first new factory in over 20 years! We’re thrilled to be joining the Hartwell, GA community and to welcome as many as 240 new members to the Nestlé Purina family by 2023. With more than 100 acres, this 500,000 square foot facility will serve as our most versatile facility with the ability to switch product lines faster and more efficiently than we have ever done before; all while distributing the Nestlé Purina brands our customers trust and pets love!
As an Information Technology Specialist at our Hartwell facility your primary responsibility will be to maintain reliability and functionality of in-house computer hardware and software systems. In this role, you will be responsible for the deployment, installation, upgrade, and de-installation of desktop hardware and software. In addition, you will have the opportunity to manage and resolve user requests related to computer hardware and software issues as well as provide low-level plant floor systems related support.
- Promote cost effective, high-performance computer technology that will provide continuous improvement to in-house productivity and efficiency.
- Contribute analytical and technical expertise regarding in-house computer related hardware and plant/business information technology. Understand business process that utilize computer information technology.
- Install, configure, performance tune, administer and troubleshoot all in-house computer related hardware and software.
- Comply with company data backup, disaster recovery, software licensing, security and authorization policies.
- Maintain audit record of Plant hardware/software. Maintain software licensing.
- Develop, document and maintain necessary in-house information and non-plant floor data collection systems.
- Respond to user’s requests for new and enhanced information technology using sound business judgment.
- 2 year technical degree in computer science, computer technology, or related field and 6+ months of experience working in information systems/information technology.
- A high school diploma/GED and 2+ years of experience working in information systems/information technology.
- 1+ years’ experience in systems operations (PC, Local Area Networking, SAP)
- 1+ years’ experience working with Windows operating systems
- 1+ years’ experience supporting MS Office related products
- Various personal computer and peripheral hardware (printers, copiers, scanners, smartboards, etc.)
- Familiarity with office and business information technology
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you#39;re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you#39;ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you#39;ll consider sharing in our mission--you#39;ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at accommodations purina.nestle.com to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.