Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Zone 3 Maintenance Mechanic#39;s primary responsibility will be to execute the preventative maintenance program for the plants#39; mechanical and electromechanical equipment. He / She will be involved in administering system generated and manually inputted preventative maintenance measures including proper and in-depth documentation of all administered preventative maintenance measures. The Zone 3 Maintenance Mechanic will also support the fellow Maintenance & Electro Technician staff to successfully troubleshoot and maintain all equipment tied to the facility.
1. A self-starter who can work in a fast paced/everchanging environment both individually and alongside a team of Mechanical and Electrical Technicians.
2. Utilize computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), such as SAP, to log and track system generated and manually inputted preventative maintenance work.
3. Utilize SAP to reorder, locate and inventory parts.
4. Must have mechanical aptitude, be able to observe a machine in operation and learn how it operates, be able identify worn mechanical parts. Ex sprockets, belts, chains
5. Must be able to identify and properly use hand and power tools, be able to learn to safely operate shop powered equipment
6. Must have the aptitude and ability to work with conveyors, hydraulics, pneumatics, photo eyes, proximity switches, servos, cams, gears, etc.
7. Be able to perform basic maintenance tasks such as: inspect and lubricate equipment, identify and replace worn parts, track conveyor belts, replace motors, bearings, chains, perform PM#39;s as assigned
8. Have the basic electrical knowledge to be able to determine if a circuit is shorted or open, or if a fuse is bad, how to wire motors of different phases, locate motor controls in panel and determine if breaker or overload is tripped, etc.
9. Possess basic fabrication skills to be able to drill and tap, cut various materials and join them together, make simple parts such as a bracket or a guard rail for a conveyor
10. Be able to make a written report, entering SAP and following up with the supervisor and planner of the status of preventative and corrective work orders.
11. Work with senior team members to learn the equipment operation and assist with making repairs and build troubleshooting skills.
12. Must maintain an area of responsibility by answering production floor calls, inspecting equipment in assigned area and performing preventative maintenance that can be done while production is running, and making use of down time to do maintenance that cannot be done while production is running.
13. Support as needed the set-up, troubleshooting, and repair of complex electromechanically driven Bakery Equipment.
14. Have a basic knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, welding, fabricating, and shop tools to maintain and troubleshoot plant related equipment both inside the plant and along the plant grounds
15. Must be safety conscious and understand/follow OSHA, EPA, and other regulations and procedures
16. Other duties may be assigned as needed with or without accommodation.
A high school degree is required;
A trade school diploma/certificate or proof of current enrollment with a planned completion date is required;
Able to read machine prints/schematics, both mechanical and electrical, as well as technical and machine manuals;
Must have the ability to retain and recall detailed technical information
Able to read/interpret various instruments such as micrometers, calipers, electrical testing meters/equipment, tape measures, combination squares etc.;
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Must have the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to ensure open and clear communication between team members, departments and/or customers.
Must adhere to all JSA, GMP, and Food Safety Policies and Practices
Personal Protective Equipment (JSA#39;s) Welding / Welding equipment
Electrical Tools / Meters Hoists / Cranes / Chain Falls
Forklifts / Pallet Jacks / Boom Lifts / Scissor Lifts / Wave Lifts Machine Tools
Power Tools Powered Hand Tools
Small Hand Tools Radio
Critical Demands of the Job:
Rarely 1 - 5% (4.5 min. 25 min)
Occasionally 6 33 % (27 min. 2 hrs.45 min)
Frequently 34 66 % (3 hrs. 5 hrs.)
Continuously 67 100 % (5 hrs 7.5 hrs)
1) Standing and walking -- Frequently
2) Lifting ingredients, bags, scoops of 5## - 50## -- Occasionally
3) Grasp/handle -- Frequently
4) Reach away from body -- Occasionally
5) Reach above shoulder level -- Occasionally
6) Crouching -- Occasionally
7) Push/pull force -- Rarely
8) Assume awkward position during daily routine -- Occasionally
9) Forward bending -- Occasionally
10) Visualize -- Continuously
11) Computer / Desk Work -- Occasionally
1) 8-12 Hour shift. Will receive 2 fifteen-minute breaks and 1 half hour break. Overtime is required.
2) Environment Noise levels will be minimal to moderate and temperature will be controlled. Lighting is sufficient. There is a possibility of slippery footing and dust from dry ingredients.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.