Cold Jet is the world leader in developing innovative environmentally responsible cleaning solutions that help companies reduce maintenance costs, enhance product quality, prolong equipment life, and improve productivity and worker safety. Cold Jet’s extensive line of dry ice cleaning systems is used in a variety of industries, making productive use of recycled carbon dioxide while eliminating the need for chemicals and water in the cleaning process. Cold Jet is a private company with global headquarters in Loveland, Ohio and international operations in Europe, Asia, Canada, and Mexico. Cold Jet is an entrepreneurial and exciting place to work, the unquestioned leader in its industry. For more information, please visit our culture and career website, career.coldjet.com.
We are seeking a Director of Sales for our line of capital equipment which makes dry ice who will specialize in the food processing industry market segment. This person will be responsible for managing relationships, driving sales with key customers and dedicated to driving market growth through prospecting, relationships, evaluation and market development for the food processing industry. Defines growth strategy, plan, investment and justification to penetrate the market. Interfaces closely with marketing, engineering and other functions to support and deliver results. Becomes the business champion and subject matter expert for the food processing industry.
- Exceed annual revenue budget through sales to accounts in the food processing industry along with strategic system sales. Develop relationships with target corporate accounts and key customers.
- Act as Cold Jet brand ambassador in the food processing industry.
- Research, analyze and identify dry ice/cooling applications and Market and sales potential for the Food Processing Industry. Develop a complete understanding of industry needs.
- Establish strategic relationships with key buyers, product development, quality and senior management personnel.
- Research industry players, prospect for opportunities, and qualify leads.
- Handle negotiations and create professional presentations for the acquisition of national industrial contracts; this includes but is not limited to industrial manufacturers in the food processing market and leveraging relationships (internal and external) to create new business opportunities.
- Develop customer proposals and close sales.
- Help develop the strategic planning to improve on DIMS sales within the food processing industry to maximize their profitability.
- Demonstrate strong entrepreneurial drive and proactively and collaboratively engage with all departments to execute business plans, resolve issues, and deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer needs and drive profitable growth
- Work with internal technical and product development personnel to assure alignment of sales strategy and product offerings within technical and operational capabilities
- Collaborating with the Americas regional sales team to maximize profit by up-selling or cross-selling.
- Plan and present reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with your manager and possible use in future case studies or company training.
- Ensure the maintenance of pipeline reporting systems to provide real time information on sales forecasting, production planning, marketing communication effectiveness and salesperson productivity.
- Design and produce webinars to promote Cold Jet within target industry. Attend industry conferences and trade shows. Perform speaking engagements at same.
- Participate in market and competitive research and tracks trends and activities.
- Participate in product development research and help develop specifications.
- Contribute to development of website, collateral, sales library and training information.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS in relevant field required (business, engineering, food science)
- 10+ years of large system capital equipment sales experience with a track record of success. Experience in selling machinery to food processing industry or experience in the industrial gas sector with food experience a plus.
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Project management skills and experience
- Strong organizational, team building, and time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and basic CRM system processes
- Available for up to 50% overnight travel