Home Market Foods (HMF) is a dynamic enterprise that has become the market leader in a number of prepared meat-based meal and snack categories. The company has grown substantially across its markets through excellence in innovation, manufacturing, and customer service. This success has been nurtured by its ownership group and an expanding team of world-class executives. HMF is building on this track record through complementary acquisitions and a growing number of business development initiatives. HMF#39;s business model is poised to continue to thrive and offer greater opportunities for its customers and team.
We are based in Norwood, Massachusetts, which is comfortably within the Boston metropolitan area. HMF#39;s facilities include a state-of-the-art plant, and R&D facility, as well as warehouse and Corporate functions. We are focused on continued growth and are executing against various initiatives that include additional product lines, new sales channels, greater penetration of our extensive customer relationships, as well as opportunistic acquisitions. Our success is directly dependent on attracting and retaining the best possible talent across our functions. To this end, we are posting for a strong Industrial Engineer.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
This Engineer will spend at least 50% of their time on the production floor working to identify and implement improvement projects that drive efficiency, capacity, safety and overall productivity. This engineer will conduct studies in operations to maximize work flow and spatial utilization as well as ensure the facility operated efficiently and safely. This position requires a Bachelor#39;s Degree in Engineering and, ideally, experience in the industrial engineering field or in a related area. This engineer must be familiar with a variety of the field#39;s concepts, practices and procedures. This engineer must rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals as well as perform a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected as well as the ability to use systems to manage and drive operational metrics.
- Develop, document and maintain data collection methods to analyze manufacturing operations.
Oversee the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to ensure OEE data collected is accurate and actionable.
- Identify and apply effective methods to reduce TIMWOOD and track progress to ensure plant efficiency.
Apply engineering concepts to streamline work stations and measure work content of support laborers.
- Support the Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives across the entire operation, track and manage CI activities
Identify and implement CI projects
- Conduct time and resource allocation studies for various processes throughout the facility.
Assist in the development and maintenance of standard work documentation and procedures
- Develop methods to measure variances to standards, identify out-of-control variances, determine root causes, suggest and install solutions and follow-up.
Create capital expenditure project write ups including calculating a "Rate of Return" justification
- Support the planning and capex investment strategy for all HMF sites with validation of ROI
Partner with Supply Chain and Marketing to create and maintain a 2-5 year capacity management plan
- Support the Operations IE team in IBP Step 1 and Step 3 meetings
Update documentation and resource requirement standards as needed.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field
- Previous Industrial Engineering experience in the manufacturing industry a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to demonstrate effective people skills.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with basic office software (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Must be a self-starter and team player.
This position will require 50% office work and 50% field work on the production floor. Proficient in the use of computer technology including standard software programs such as Microsoft Word, and Excel as well as developing our Manufacturing Execution System (MES). Must be able to quickly and efficiently learn new systems and software to automate and analyze information.