Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We#39;re proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Provide engineering and project support to divisional Americold facilities and to Corporate. Drive labor improvement through engineered labor standards, performance incentive roll-out, cost benefit evaluations, work flow analysis, asset utilization, and scheduling optimization.
- Validate and maintain time-studied standards.
- Calculate and implement performance incentives.
- Ensure labor management system is accurate and utilized on-site.
- Formally and informally train operations teams on labor management and the associated systems. This includes in-person and remote support.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Evaluate material handling equipment requirements as needed.
- Keep abreast of the latest technology in warehousing and evaluate for applications.
- Develop project scopes, specifications and estimates as needed.
- Assist with improving productivity and reducing costs.
- Ability to create scheduling tools which accurately reflect work content of a site
- Lead and execute continuous improvement projects
- Own 5 Habits and Labor Management system performance improvements for the assigned district
- Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor#39;s degree or higher in Industrial Engineering or equivalent degree such as Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering, Logistics is required
- 3 years minimum of work experience in Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in industrial engineering analysis and labor management standards
- Continuous improvement experience required
- PMO experience preferred
- Experience with the distribution/warehouse/logistics industry preferred
- Proficient with AS400, RF Scanning and WMS systems preferred
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to resolve problems in a timely manner with little or no supervision
- Able to work in a multi-functional team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Strong analytical skills required
- Strong time management skills required
- Must be self-motivated with high degree of initiative
- High travel position, up to 75%
- Strong computer skills including MS Office; MSD/MOST experience preferred
- Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
- Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
- Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
- Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
- May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
- May require a visit to facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
- May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
- Requires the use of various electronic tools
- Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
- Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
- Requires working in extreme temperatures; this is a hands-on operations position in a warehouse environment
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.