About the Company
Canada Royal Milk is a member of the Feihe International group of companies, Asia’s number one infant formula brand. When our advanced manufacturing facility in Kingston ON starts production this year, we will be the sole producer of infant formula in Canada. Canada Royal Milk will produce quality products from Canadian cow and goat milk, ensuring the highest quality and nutritional value for our customers. We are building a new Canadian company that will combine best practices in the production of infant formula from our parent company, a technology from around the globe, and the knowledge, skills, and expertise of Canadian talent. The best part of working at Canada Royal Milk will be your opportunity to shape it.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the HVAC technician is a member of Canada Royal Milk’s technical team.
The HVAC technician works collaboratively with the engineering team, as well as production.
An HVAC Technician is responsible for Installing, maintaining and repairing ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment and plant performance. Working Conditions Canada Royal Milk will be a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week manufacturing operation.
Rotating shift work (8-12h shifts) will be required. Shift patterns are yet to be determined, and will include days, evenings, weekends, and over-night work.
A disciplined professional, the Technician must be able to work with limited supervision and communicate well with other members of the utilities and maintenance team.
The work involves exposure to inclement weather, hazards associated with working on a roof and frequent standing, walking and bending. Health and safety training are required, and Personal Protective Equipment is provided.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Installing, maintaining and repairing ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
2. Identifying maintenance risks on equipment.
3. Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
4. Cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems.
5. Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
6. Providing technical direction and on-the-job training to Canada Royal Milk maintenance employees.
7. Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions for auditing purposes.
8. Ensuring compliance with applicable standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
9. Complying with service standards, and work instructions.
10. Attend training seminars as necessary to stay current on HVAC technology. 11. Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, not related to HVAC
12. Other duties may be assigned.
Job Requirements Education:
Post-Secondary Education or Training OR equivalent work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Because of the changing nature of work and work to be done, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Job Type: Permanent