This is a new startup opportunity with a leader in the food industry. Their culture focuses on continuous improvement, with a need for leaders and workers who want to improve efficiency, reduce waste, and enjoy finding ways to add value. The company is recognized as a world class manufacturer by its peers. Despite challenges faced by food manufacturers in the United States, this company has experienced vast amounts of growth in a short time period, offering applicants an attractive opportunity.
Human Resources Manager
similar job titles: HR Manager, Employee Relations Manager, Community Relations Manager
Location: Terre Haute, IN
Job Description: The Human Resources Manager is responsible for effective coordination of human resources in a new start-up high-volume high-speed manufacturing environment. Duties will include administering HR policies, programs, and special projects; such as opinion surveys and focus groups. The HR Manager will coordinate employee relation activities, benefits, labor coordination/fluctuation, and oversee safety.
A successful manager has strong regulatory knowledge, thrives in a fast-paced environment, is strategic in their approach, and has a willingness to be hands-on with teams when needed.
- Start up experience is key
- Undergraduate Degree in related Business field; Masters in HR a plus.
- 5+ years HR experience in a high-performance ISO or World Class Manufacturing environment.
- Union avoidance experience.
- Willing to work 10~ hour days
- Performance management
- performance evaluations
- performance issues
- disciplinary action
- Talent management
- assessing skills of the workforce
- evaluating the needs of the organization
- develop plan for employee career advancements
- Experience in developing culture.
This job offers the following
- Outstanding opportunities with a world-class organization.
- Excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive healthcare
- 401k + 10% bonus
- Opportunity for career advancement in a large and growing organization.
Are You A Good Fit?
Essential Skills for Success:
- Innovator and leader in change.
- Promote and utilize other’s talents.
- Actions are plan-based and result from strategy as opposed to reactionary.
- Goals achieved by teamwork instead of own personal efforts.
- Leadership style yields influence and trust. You’re not just “the boss”.
- Achieves results.
Consider This Before Applying:
- Does this job describe work you would enjoy doing?
- Do you meet most of the minimum requirements?