This position reports to the Regional Director of Human Resources and provides human resources service, advice, and counsel to the plant’s management and employee team in the acquisition, development, deployment, and retention of their organization’s human resources while remaining strategically aligned with the business’ strategy, goals and objectives.
- Establishes and maintains effective and supportive business relationships with the plant manager and his/her staff to ensure business strategy, goals, and results are achieved.
- Provides service to all plant employees through education, communication, and administration of payroll, benefits, record-keeping, employee relations, health and safety, and career/professional development.
- Coordinates with plant management to recruit, identify, and select candidates to fill vacant positions with the plant.
- Conducts the on-boarding and in-processing for employees new to the plant as well as off-boarding for employees leaving the organization.
- Coaches employees, supervisors, and managers in effective interpersonal communications and conflict resolution.
- Coordinates with the Safety Department to ensure that the plant environment satisfies health and safety standards and requirements and participates in safety committee meetings, accident investigation, workers compensation claim management, etc.
- Coordinates with plant management to identify research, investigate and resolve performance and conduct issues that arise with employees.
- Coordinates and conducts training for plant management, supervisors, and employees in workplace policies and professional development to include but not limited to workplace harassment, health and safety, company policy, supervisory skills, conflict resolutions, interpersonal communication, and effective group interaction skills.
- Oversees the effective deployment of the company’s performance management program and the subsequent compensation planning.
- Directs and monitors compliance of corporate policies, procedures, and legal regulations by applying knowledge of company policy and Federal and State laws and regulations
- Administers the plant’s employee records and files in accordance with corporate and legal guidance
- Collects and analyzes data to measure the effectiveness of HR programs, policies, and activities.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor#39;s Degree with at least 5 years of applicable business experience, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in human resources in a manufacturing environment. Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above. SPHR or PHR certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Bilingual English & Spanish required.
- Extensive experience in human resources generalist roles gained within consumer food production environments, with a proven track record in leading HR teams.
- Team management/leadership/development skills. Successful in building and mentoring high-performance teams committed to quality and promoting a spirit of teamwork and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Strong customer focus approach to HR with a passion for ensuring employees are appropriately served to meet needs, concerns or issues with proper empathy and resolution orientation.
- Strength of character to pursue the HR excellence agenda and articulate this across his/her group.
- Maturity, self-confidence, and strong communication skills will be critical to this leadership role. A multicultural approach to operating in a diverse business environment. Comfortable communicating and operating within a matrixed environment.
- High level of business or related academic achievement.
- Experience in financial management to include budget and analysis of projects and programs.
Mission Foods is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all phases of employment in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Mission Foods depends solely on your qualifications. Mission Foods is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail or call 972.232.5200 to let us know the nature of your request.