Develops and maintains effective working relationships throughout the organization to facilitate engagement of human resources policies, programs and procedures and provides excellent customer service when addressing employee questions and inquiries. Recommends process improvement and efficiencies within scope of responsibilities to enhance the human resources function at Kemps.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides counsel to managers and employees regarding human resources policies, programs and procedures to ensure compliance and support with company guidelines, employment law, union contracts and Kemps company culture.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll for employees. Understands and is able to apply wage and labor laws to payroll and union contract language. Maintains payroll records and responds to payroll-related inquiries. Provides data for salary surveys.
- Manages the recruitment process for non-exempt positions and partners with Corporate in recruitment of exempt level positions. Work closely with hiring managers as trusted advisor throughout the process. Coordinates requisitions, internal and external job postings, applicant/candidate correspondence, interview schedules, job descriptions, references, offer letters, drug screens and background checks, requisition closeout, new employee set-up and on-boarding. Manages correspondence between applicants, recruiting source and hiring manager.
- Processes Worker’s Compensation claims. Seeks input and gives advice on how to manage large claims and problem cases. Actively participates on safety teams and is an integral part of safety via leading and giving suggestions to the team. Maintains OSHA 300 logs and yearly 300A form.
- May participate in negotiating and administering union contracts, represent the Company on designated contracts for contract negotiations, and consult with senior management on strategy. Facilitates resolution of contract grievances and assist in arbitrations.
- Provides employee records administrative support. Maintains and prepares required EEO/AAP reporting documents. Processes employee status change transactions, tuition reimbursement payments, employment verifications, etc. Generates ad hoc reports as requested. Is a resource for ADP query, report writing, and completes monthly HR metrics reports.
- Partners with representatives from the Corporate Benefit Services Center to ensure employees receive appropriate information on benefit enrollment, assists in coordinating the onsite wellness initiatives and fields employee benefits questions. Administers required paperwork and coordinates FMLA and STD programs.
- Coordinates employee events, including recognition and retirement events, volunteer activities, corporate giving campaign, and the wellness program.
- Coordinates employee communication regarding human resources programs and employee announcements to maintain Human Resources intranet site, to ensure consistent messaging to the organization.
- Processes monthly invoices for union dues, and other human resources related billings to include pensions, third-party health insurance, drug screens, background checks and employment agencies.
- Participates in special projects in the areas of performance management, on-boarding, compensation and training and development.
- Conducts research on HR best practices. Assists in process development and implementation for a variety of human resources best practices.
- Performs other responsibilities as determined by business needs.